Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Are You in the Northeast? Irene??

Cancelled our weekend trip to the cottage in NH and hoping that by the storm doesn't amount to anything by the time it reaches there. Would hate to find the boat breaking away from the dock. In the meantime here at home (Quincy, MA) we've brought in the patio furniture, and picked up some bottled water. We're just 10 houses from the beach and have been fortunate over the years not to have any flooding, hopefully that holds true for this storm as well. Oh, and we picked up some wine in munchies so that we could wait it out.

Oh IRENE....

I keep hoping for some eastward shift but nope it looks like we are in for a pounding... and just days beore our trip! DH is worried about pine trees falling and my reaction is put a tarp on it, it wil be here when we get back... I need a vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    In the meantime here at home (Quincy, MA)
    Peg...I'm from Quincy, MA too, we're neighbors .
    We haven't been hit in a long, long time...this morning I think they said by the time it reaches us it will be a TS? I hope there is room in our garage for our patio furniture!

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    LaCabanaGirl, I am on the coast of CT too-Groton. I am thinking that the baby and I are going to be heading up to my parents in Massachusetts on Saturday to hunker down with them.

These things used to be exciting, then I had a baby and now it's all about being OVER prepared.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Hi Gretch. I'm in North Quincy by the beach. Hope you're correct and it just ends up being a TS, but guessing I will still move the patio furniture.

I hope all you East Coast folks fare well through the storm. I am in the Midwest so no hurricanes here but I am making my preparedness list from your posts and so far I have:

water
    wine (lots. this is my second favorite suggestion)
    snacks
    if trees come down throw a tarp over them and go on vacation ) (my favorite)

Jen

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We're covering our pool and taking in the pool furniture this weekend, probably sat evening. We're suppost to go to the cape Sat. Rob says it will be fine to go, I am a scaredy cat....Please watch over us God.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    We're suppost to go to the cape Sat. Rob says it will be fine to go, I am a scaredy cat....Please watch over us God.
    Cindy you will be fine. The hurricane is forecast to only be at the southern tip of the Delmarva Peninsula (Chincoteague) 8 am Sunday morning.

The National Hurricane Center at this moment has a bulls eye over Mark's city though. Hopefully he does not live on Barnegat Bay or within flooding range.

so by far my favorite closing down here at the beach is NO ALCHOL sales after 11 AM in Currituck County, NC. Thats great! i mean trust me you need alchol to ride out a storm like this!

Aruba since 1979
    and i am a waltham girl
    hello quincy neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    Peg...I'm from Quincy, MA too, we're neighbors .
    We haven't been hit in a long, long time...this morning I think they said by the time it reaches us it will be a TS? I hope there is room in our garage for our patio furniture!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast