Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Are You in the Northeast? Irene??

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I will be thinking of all the east coasters today! I have many friends out there and everyone I know is evacuating or at least well prepared! Be safe!!

Aruba since 1979
    wishing all well and much safety and little damage.

i think the media is on a feeding frenzy with the hype..........scaring the bejeebus out of folks.

the beach is calling my name.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Seems like the storm has been played up quite a bit, but I suppose it's better to be prepared! (there's nothing else on the news! - which I want to turn off, but I keep getting caught up in it! -- be strong, Windy, just grab that remote and hit the power button!)
    For us, it will most likely be like a nor'easter, with winds 45ish, gusting to 60, maybe! Will be an inconvenience if we lose power.
    We'll see if the extreme precautions in NYC were warranted!

Looks like anyone heading to the northeast from AUA will get a few extra days in paradise due to flight cancellations/airport closings. Lucky dogs!!

This sucker is coming in strong... not all hype here at the beach this morning Irene spawning Tornados destroying houses... almost all of the tunnels and bridges have closed. its a scary mess.

Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    This sucker is coming in strong... not all hype here at the beach this morning Irene spawning Tornados destroying houses... almost all of the tunnels and bridges have closed. its a scary mess.
    Be safe!

The worst is for those at night who cannot see what is happening outside and can only hear the sound of rain pelting their windows like rocks and howling of the wind as if it were a locomotive.

Be safe.

400,000 people already without power. Anyone dare to guess how many million in the final total of those without power?
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-27-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We lost power here in central Va. around 1:00. We've got the generator up and going. The worst is supposed to hit here in a few hours. Not too bad so far.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Keep us posted, everyone! Good luck!

Getting hammered here, not drinking but weather...

I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee, I'll be up all night monitoring the water index.

This SUCKS!!!!!

Hope you are fairly well Mark. Must have been rough going through the night with all of this. Arriving in Massachusetts now. Heavy rain, winds building, very humid out. Got the doggie out for a quick walk between bands of rain. Hope everyone to our South got through it ok - for everyone in New England, hold on. Even though it's will be a tropical storm when it hits here, still heavy rain and winds. They are saying same track that TS Gloria took. Stay inside and hope the power doesn't go out!! Mine just flickered and I have underground utilities in my area

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast