Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Are You in the Northeast? Irene??

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    here in nj, the wind is worse now at 4:30 then all nite. we lost power about 6:00 this morning and we got it back about 2:30. a tree fell and knocked out the transformer. we didn't have a generator but our neighbor was great and we plugged our sump pump and refrigerator into his (we took turns). just told my brother to get us a generator. not going through that again.

shelly, love the shoes!! lol

Lucky us, looks like it's just gone miss us by a few miles...
    Still lots of windy and rain.

Now you know why my user name is qlaval, q for Quebec and Laval for the city where I live...

Irene at 8:57PM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are You in the Northeast? Irene??-irene.jpg  
    Pierre

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    We did well in Winthrop, lucky I guess. Took a walk on the beach at high tide. No lobsters this time. Wind was strong but no damage. I see some places on the news that were not as lucky. Hope everyone is safe now. Good night Irene!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We are now in day 3 with no power here in Richmond Va. 75% of residents have no power. We also have no internet, cable, or land lines. Thankfully cell phones are still working, which was not the case during Hurricane Isabel. We may not get power for a week. Lots of downed trees on power lines. Luckily, we have a generator. Hatteras Island in the Outer Banks (my second favorite place to be) was cut apart in 5 places. There is only one road that runs through the island, so everyone is stranded. They will have to use ferry service to transport residents. So sad, such a beautiful island, but the people there are strong and resilient. They'll come back from this like they always do.

I am glad that little by little our forum friends are checking in to let us know that you are okay.

Sorry to hear that you are without power. With 5 million+ not having electricity, I can only imagine how long it will be before everyone is restored. Prayers for the 30+ families who lost loved ones.

Will the generator save the contents of your fridge?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    the generator saved our fridge. I only had to throw out the half & half. everything else was good. we did freeze water for the freezer in ziplocks and everything in the freezer was solid. we had 3 hours without the generator that we shared with our neighbor (they were very nice to do that). now today we have power and half the town and the town next to us are out and flooded. the sidewalks are filled with thrown out furniture, etc. such a shame. we are buying our own generator. i'm waiting for the pet store to open up so i can get a gift card for our neighbor who shared their generator with us. they have 4 cats so i thought that would be a nice thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    i'm waiting for the pet store to open up so i can get a gift card for our neighbor who shared their generator with us. they have 4 cats so i thought that would be a nice thank you...
    I am sure they will appreciate it!

Feeling very fortunate, here in Quincy, Ma; no damage on my street, just a few trees down and we never lost power. Had the day off though because my office building didn't have power. Took a walk on the beach and there really was not much of any debris, but there were an unusual amount of seagulls resting on the beach, catching their breath so I guess. Had lunch at a local marina spot, the waters were totally calm and only one boat lost it's mooring yesterday, again feeling very fortunate.

Aruba since 1979
    glad you folks are posting updates on your experiences with IRENE.
    As i type, Irene is no more!

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    We made out like bandits! We lost power for about 30 seconds and have honestly had worse thunderstorms than this tropical storm. My husband was able to make it home for work Sunday morning and slept thru the worst part of it, the baby did too, while the cats and I watched it go by. I had EVERY baby bottle full of water and packed up to go, just in case. I don't think I have ever been more prepared for anything in my life. I have been counting my blessings ever since because alot of my friends do not have power or hot water still.

Glad everyone made out OK!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast