Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Are You in the Northeast? Irene??

holy hell....we just got power and internet back....my area got hit bad....i live in western nj and between the delaware and pequest river we have been underwater all week. i am up on a mountain but we have also been trapped up here with no roads to get out.....the damage here is staggering. i am glad to read everyone is safe....glad to be back!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Just got power back yesterday morning. I am not the "camp out" type and I don't weather storms to well. If I don't have a plug I freak out. My family laughed,well snickered at my box of supplies, but frankly I was scared. We ended up loosing a few trees but no serious damage. Schools still closed in many communites here.
    We had a generator keeping the frig and freezer going and an occasional lite.
    Thank god its over for us, but for many in New England its not. Approx 25000 folks still RI have no power. National Grid deserves credit for stepping up and getting this far.
    They have now asked for the ability to raise prices in a few months as the 22 million they had reserved wasn't enuf. Yikes!
    Anyway, glad to some are getting back to some normalcy.

I was so lucky. We NEVER lost power at my apartment, however the whole city was out. Weird, but I'm thankful. I was out to dinner last night with my kids and about 6 line trucks pulled it. When we left, we looked at the trucks and they were from Missouri. I 'm in Massachusetts. I heard one of the men talking to other patrons and he was saying they had been here since the storm hit to help out. So they really did bring people in from other states. It's getting better but it's been a long time. Like I said, I'm very lucky!

We saw a brigade of utility trucks from Ohio ride through our town this week. Thanks to our midwestern friends for all of the help!

Aruba since 1979
    holy cow!!
    horrible.

glad you folks w/out power are back online!!

Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    holy hell....we just got power and internet back....my area got hit bad....i live in western nj and between the delaware and pequest river we have been underwater all week. i am up on a mountain but we have also been trapped up here with no roads to get out.....the damage here is staggering. i am glad to read everyone is safe....glad to be back!

There are parts of eastern CT that won't get power back until Tuesday at the earliest. Still about 162,000 folks without power. We've seen power crews from as far away as Colorado.

some people around here are being told it could be up to six weeks....

Aruba since 1979
    NJ seems to be the most adversely affected.
    One of the women that live here in our community is from Patterson NJ and has been told her house has apparently crumbled into nothingness due to the flooding.
    Sad situation.
    She and her husband moved in here full time on July 1 and the Patterson house was for sale?
    Now what?
    She is glad all her "stuff" is here.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor.

Just looked and there are still 171,000 without power in Jersey.

Aruba since 1979
    that is an amazingly high amount.
    they are going to have to get the NJ and VT folks up and running and get in their trucks and head to new orleans, mobile, biloxi etc.......
    water does such quick deadly acts.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast