Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're Fired!!!

Angry You're Fired!!!

We live in a house with, now 8, indoor cats. One cat is away ill boarding at the vets.

You would THINK 1 of 7 cats could catch and kill a mouse?

They are ALL fired! Just a bunch of lazy bums!

Dh was lucky enough to get a substitute and come home to "rescue" me.
    Anyone hear me screaming bloody murder from where you live? Bugs and snakes I can deal with...but not mice.

We tore the whole downstairs apart hoping to find whatever was left of a carcass and nada, zilch, nothing...

"Useless", "worthless", "I am too fat, dumb and happy to care" and I havent' come up with names for the other cats yet just couldn't get the job done.

"Useless" actually caught him before dh got home. I ran the other way.

Evidently the mouse is the one with 9 lives and survived to live another day.

Oh sure they had tons of fun chasing him around this a.m. They are all sleeping soundly this afternoon after such an eventful morning.

"Useless"

"I am too fat, dumb and happy to care" & "worthless"
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-02-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    omgosh is that funny or what!!!

how are you aside from the mouse episode?

who is at the vet?

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    omgosh is that funny or what!!!

how are you aside from the mouse episode?

who is at the vet?

andrea
    Dh is out mouse trap shopping...

Tiggy's kidneys crashed again. ...just praying he has nine lives like the mouse. If it is bad again, depending on the vet's judgement, we may have to have him put to sleep. I am preparing myself for the worst. He is my "baby".

Luna will not come out from under the bed and HAS TO get her stitches out.

Dh came home with "Hav-A-Heart" mouse traps. Little does he know I bait them with chocolate chip cookies. I think the chocolate is the part that does not have a heart.

Just spoke with the vet and Tiggy's kidney levels are not nearly as bad as they were when we nearly lost him in November. We are thinking he was stressed out from being home alone for nearly 12 hours with the other cats on Saturday. Best hunch at this point. Just grateful he will be okay.

Now if only dd would behave and Luna would came out from under the bed ...

Awwwwww.....how can you be mad at them when they have such sweet and innocent faces.

(I don't like mice either so I'm sure I'd fire them, too!)
    ~Amy~® - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Epilogue

Thankfully, it happened while I was in the shower tonight...

"Useless" caught the mouse once again. While attempting to "readjust" his grip, he lost the subject.

Dh and dd joined the chase and cornered the subject under our china closet. Somehow they chased the mouse out from under the china closet and into a bucket and then was promptly let loose outside.

Dd and dh were extremely pleased with themselves, nevermind the fact that the mouse lived to see another day. Ha! Little does he know the temperature is going down into the low 20's tonight.

"Useless" Well for now he is still searching for his "catch", but I know he will soon give up and sleep EXTREMELY well tonight!

All's well that ends well.

Arrow Arubalisa's Dh here...

My version of today's events:

Do not know if you will find humor in this, but here it goes…

As you know I was called out on an emergency rodent extermination procedure.

I arrived at the destination only to turn it upside down and inside out, and no rat.

Went back to school for a meeting. On the way home picked up the kid from school and I told her that Lisa saw the cat with the mouse but I could not find him, the mouse, anywhere in the house. I asked her if she thought perhaps her mother was smoking or drinking something during the day. And she said yes, most likely grandpa's Johnny Walker Black you keep in the cabinet for him.

Upon arriving home with the suitable termination tools, at about 4 30 pm I proceeded to go about my daily duties. Then out of nowhere I hear a voice from beyond. MURPHY, our cat, named after my wife’s parents chef at their old restaurant who was a mean drunk, now nicknamed "Useless", HAS THE MOUSE.

So, I went chasing the cat, who had the mouse in his mouth, in the hopes of, if I caught the cat, I would catch the mouse. Much like Jonah and the Whale perhaps.

Yea, right , Mr. Cat drops Mr. Mouse, who very much looked like Stewart Little, and very much in tune with Dr. Seuss day, since we had cats involved, and a sort of hat, well a bucket, more of that later.

Anyway, the rodent takes off, the cat and the kid are now behind it… and it goes under the china closet. I set the termination devices, and all of a sudden PETA appears with a cease and desist order! So, I get assorted items, and barricaded him in with one exit.

Then the cat and I lay wait and the kid provides orders, think of her as Mission Control, all she needed was the weird hat and headphones.

The mouse makes a break for it, and the race is on again, he is finally cornered and with the help of the kid, Murphy and a bucket (the cat in the hat theme) place the bucket over it and scoot it towards to door.

As I am running I collide with the kid and the hand vacuum (before PETA's arrival one of the plans had been to suck him up) and down I go on the tile floor knees first. The mouse runs OVER me and keeps on going! I get up and proceeded to limp after the rodent with bucket in hand, the cat and the kid right behind me.

Finally I get my big break, but the rodent zigs and we zag and is now under the hall tree. With the assistance of a yard stick, a broom and a bucket, as well as the cat and kid, I get him out and herd him to the stairs. He cannot make the jump up and I pounce on him with the bucket!

Now was the challenge to get the bucket up without releasing the rodent. I see a tail, grab it and there it is… and out the door he goes…

The end, and yes it is all true!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckiesDad View Post
    I asked her if she thought perhaps her mother was smoking or drinking something during the day. And she said yes, most likely grandpa's Johnny Walker Black you keep in the cabinet for him.
    I would like to thank dh for clarifying EXACTLY his version of events today.

FWIW , even in Aruba I never drink before 5 pm and have NO clue if Johnny Walker is Scotch or Whiskey 'cause I do not drink either one.

My mother laughed so hard she cried when she read above. I hope you enjoy as well.

Aruba since 1979
    life is never dull in georgia is it?

funny stuff

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckiesDad View Post
    My version of today's events:

"ChuckiesDad"....WELCOME!

Now that you've joined the Forum (was it the new page?), CindyO and I are no longer the most prolific husband/wife team. Your 1 post plus Lisa's 4200 posts have us beat!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast