Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Siutcase limit

2 Siutcase limit

Sorry posted before checking spelling in subject.
    When I booked our flights with United for next season I was told that there TWO suitcases, 50 lbs each, are allowed because it is an International flight. I checked their web site and YES it does state that.

According to their sites=
    United = Yes
    Delta = Yes
    AA = Yes
    USAir = NO
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

We are flying Jet Blue from Boston, and they have the same 2 suitcase and 50lb limit. They also have a size limit, each bag must not exceed 62 inches in total dimension.

Pete

Thank you for sharing that info with the airlines - especially Jetblue - my boyfriend and i just got approval for our trip in november and i was planning on taking more down with me this time around......plenty of time to rethink it

You can bring more, but like everything, it will cost more money.

Happy Vacation, Pete

Dom
    If you are a frequent flier, you may be able to bring more stuff. I am an Elite member of Continental's program, and although the weight limit for most travelers is 50 pounds per suitcase, mine can weigh as much as 70 pounds and there is no additional charge.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

would the 2 pieces of luggage for international flights be the same if one flight was a stopover in the states somewhere?

**EVERYONE** Check online about new policy with your airline! I heard on the news that some airlines are starting to charge for your 2nd checked bag! be prepared before you leave!!! Not all websites have updated their info because it is still very new!

Take all you want, just be ready to pay the overage.
    It's that simple.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Wow, I have been to Aruba about 25 times. Each time I pack less and less and still bring back clothes that I didn't use. Once I stayed for 16 days and only brought 2 carryons and had extra clothes to spare (and ladies I even pack about 6 pairs of shoes.) It really is amazing what you can get in two carryons if you pack right. So, I'm leaving Saturday with my 2 carryons and I guarantee there will be some things I won't wear. Not only that, when everyone else is waiting for their abundance of luggage, I am out the door and picking up my car to get to the beach!

It's time to lighten up (on your luggage!)

I'm with you Kteacher! I haven't checked a bag in years. My friends and family marvel at my "magical" packing skills. I once went to europe for 3 weeks with only my purse and a single carry-on rolling pullman. My technique starts with a general pile of stuff I want to take and I begin putting the most necessary items in first and so on. When the bag is full, it's full. Anything that isn't in the bag at that point, doesn't go. I never pack things like a hair dryer or other bulky items that I can get later at my hotel or at a local grocery. I've been using the same pullman for years too - from LL Bean. It is quite compact and has tons of pockets. Pockets are key!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast