Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 Siutcase limit

Maybe I should visit LL Bean and purchase one of these "miracle" bags before this years trip

Definitely! Go to LLBean.com and search for microfiber rolling pullman. This is a newer model than what I have but the layout is basically the same. And the thing is indestructible!

I fly with USair and the new policy with them is one checked and one carryone without a fee, however if you are a dividend miles member you can check 2 and carryon one. The weight limit is still 50 and then additional charges for more weight. Hope this helps also....Its funny though, over the years I have started to take less and less...probably because the majority of the day we are in swimsuits and then just get dressed to go out to dinner or partying. Since we have use of a washer and dryer I find I take advantage of that and so I pack less and just re-wear what I have brought........and of course this gives you a reason to shop while there....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Arrow Baggage Websites

I just took some time to get all the checked baggage websites for major airlines that travel to Aruba from the US and Canada. USAir was not the only airline that is limiting to one without extra charge, so check your specific airline. Especially when you get close to departure... "Weigh" your options, sometimes it's cheaper to ship things to your destination ahead of your trip (sad but true).

United
    Delta
    American Airlines
    USAirways/AWA
    JetBlue
    Continental
    Air Canada
    Aruba History:
    Lou: Visited on a cruise in 2005
    Lou&Nay: Will visit on our honeymoon 9/2008

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    I fly with USair and the new policy with them is one checked and one carryone without a fee, however if you are a dividend miles member you can check 2 and carryon one. ...
    Good point danadog! Here are all the specifics for UselessAir 2nd bag exemptions:
    • All Dividend Miles Preferred members (Silver, Gold, Platinum and Chairman’s Preferred)
    • Passengers traveling to and from Europe, or to and from Asia
    • Confirmed First Class and Envoy passengers at time of check-in
    • Star Alliance Silver and Gold status members
    • Active military personnel in uniform with ID
    • Unaccompanied minors
    • Passengers checking personal assistive devices
    Last edited by lou and nay; 04-17-2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    Aruba History:
    Lou: Visited on a cruise in 2005
    Lou&Nay: Will visit on our honeymoon 9/2008

Just Returned From Aruba Weds - Flew Jetblue Out Of Logan - We Were Allowed 2 Suitcases Each With A 50 Lb Weight Limit For Each One - You Can Also Bring One Carryon Each. No Charge For The 2nd Suitcase.

Joanie A

Two suitcase limit

Just returned today from great week in Aruba. Flew on USAir and as we checked in at the airport, ticket agent informed us that as of May 5th, USAir would only allow one bag per passenger, second bag would be a charge.

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!

Luggage woes

My husband and I travelled American Airlines in August 07 and I had one big bag, just made the 50 lb limit if I remember correctly! I way over packed for a week in the sun. We ended up doing laundry while on our honeymoon and re-wearing our favorite things anyway. So the best advice is just to pack the essentials & if you have access to a washer and dryer and don't mind doing it at least once, make it easy on yourself. Have fun!

UPS delivered our new digital luggage scale yesterday. Great investment considering the fees charged for being over the weight limit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast