Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 Siutcase limit

This is a great find, some is making money over our new restrictions. Have you tried it yet?
    How does it attach to the luggage?

Thanks, Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pkornnh View Post
    How does it attach to the luggage? Thanks, Pete
    If you go to the link above and click on "other images" you will see that the bottom part opens and you can wrap the strap around the handle of your suitcase, clip together and then pick up for the weight.

"Just lift your suitcase, wait for the beep, set it back down, and read the weight on the large digital display. Takes 2 AAA batteries, not included (6 x 3 x 1"; 8 oz)" Batteries were included with ours.

Did not try it, but have total faith in it since it is replacing our less expensive "manual" scale http://www.magellans.com/store/Gift_Ideas___Gifts_under__25KT689?Args= we had purchased a few years back from Magellan.

You only do that "take everything out of the one suitcase to move stuff from one to another" with your bags open on the floor of the airport once!

Thanks!
    Last year, we had to pull out our spare bag in the airport and stuff a pile of items from our big bag into the spare to meet weight.
    This looks like a good size and very usable.
    23 days and counting.

Pete

If you have status with the Airlines, especially USAir you do not have to abide by the one checked and one carryon rule. Check United because Star Alliance members all get the same priviledges with all the carriers.........
    I do however agree with Kteacher, the less you carry the less chance of loosing it or waiting for it.....my problem is the longer I've been going to the island the more junk I take...floaties, noodles, rafts, etc etc etc......I should take my own advice !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Checked Baggage

NOTICE: $25 Fee for Second Checked Bag

Notice: Continental Airlines is implementing a $25 fee for customers checking a second bag when traveling on Economy fare tickets. The fee will apply for tickets purchased on or after May 8, 2008, for travel commencing on or after May 19, 2008.

Economy Class – International – Latin America, including South America, Central America, the Caribbean and Mexico (except Brazil)

For tickets purchased on or after May 8, 2008, for travel commencing on or after May 19, 2008 - 1 Checked Bag Maximum 50 lbs (23 kg) and 62 linear inches (157 cm) (total length + width + height)

OnePass Elite Members 2 Checked Bags - Each bag at a maximum 70 lbs (32 kg) and 62 linear inches (157 cm) (total length + width + height)

--------

I am so glad that we have elite status with Contenental so when our home is completed in Aruba, we can bring 4 suitcases loaded with household goods on each visit.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

With 12 days to go -& the 2 suit-case limit (we have the digital scale too - works great) I was thinking of having some food delivered to our resort (Surf Club) I went to shop on-line at Ling & Sons & found that you need a minimum order of $ 50.00. After "pretend shopping" for a few minutes - I wasn't even close to the $ 50.00. (we plan on eating dinners out & only wanted coffee & breakfast bars to get us through day 1)

So here is what I'm thinking, since I have to pay for that 2nd bag ($ 25.00) & it can weigh up to 50 pounds - why not just "pack" coffee, bars that we like, etc. Then the empty bag can be full of souveniors on the way home!!

It sounds good in theory . . .any ideas??

Once checked in at the Surf Club & day 1 is over - then we could take the bus or taxi to the store for fruit, bread, etc. But I gotta have coffee!!

Linda

For all JetBlue travelers:
    Customers checking a second bag on their flight on or after June 1, 2008, will be charged a $20 fee.
    Customers checking three or more bags on their flight will be charged a $75 fee per bag.
    More for overweight bags 51 to 70 pounds +$50
    71 to 99 pounds +$100...
    Last edited by qlaval; 05-12-2008 at 03:23 PM.
    Pierre

You left out one more of their limits:
    Oversized Bags Fee * 63 - 80 inches (203.2 centimeters) $75 per bag * Bags over 80 inches Will not be accepted
    Besides having to stuff a pillow and airy items in my big bag to meet weight. I have to make sure is is not puffy enough to push the suitcase cover up another 1/4" so it does not grow to 62.25 inches.
    With the worries I have this week, I don't need this one also.

No worries next week!
    Have Fun, Pete

That's What We Did - We Took A Third Suitecase And Fillled It With Snacks And Then Put Souvenirs In It On The Way Home.

Joanie A

I love the whole island, so it's hard to choose, but if I have to then I would say baby beach & the natural bridge area

Two Suitcase Limit???

The 2 suitcase limit refers to 2 suitcases per person, right? I hope so!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast