Aruba Beach

Thread: AA from Boston

AA from Boston

I will be going to Aruba for my honeymoon and I am booked on an American Flight. It looks like there are many horror stories. I am kind of freaked out. I am a very anxious flyer when it comes to connecting flights, so I booked us with a 4 hour layover in MIA instead on 1 hour...Has anyone had a not so horrible experience flying AA from Boston to Aruba?

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    KNOCK WOOD Dear hubby and i have had many flights from Boston to Aruba.
    We have stopped in MIAMI we have gone direct, stopped in San Juan and Dulles. Sometimes delays. But nothing but adequate to Great flights.
    It is always good to have a longer layover than one too short.
    While you have your layover, you will be able to relax and eat and regroup.
    Were there no nonstop flights available?
    Had you condidered JetBlue?

It is very easy for me to write about "not" being anxious.
    But I am the anxiety queen.

A
    Quote Originally Posted by ark41179 View Post
    I will be going to Aruba for my honeymoon and I am booked on an American Flight. It looks like there are many horror stories. I am kind of freaked out. I am a very anxious flyer when it comes to connecting flights, so I booked us with a 4 hour layover in MIA instead on 1 hour...Has anyone had a not so horrible experience flying AA from Boston to Aruba?

Thanks!

Thanks!

You did the right thing, not chancing the one-hour layover.....and you should be just fine. Relax in Miami, have a meal and drink, and dream of Aruba.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Never had any problems going to Aruba had a few comming home was supposed to leave at 8:00 Am Flight got cancelled finally left at 3:15 PM arived Logan Midnight and they lost my bags, so decision made never go to Aruba layover always direct with US Air. Just my opinion besides thats what my wife told me to do and if I can teach you anything its YES DEAR.
    Next Aruba trip in

We were in Aruba Sept 24 - Oct 4th... Had a connection in Miami on way down from Boston - and direct flight on return. Both flights were a few minutes ahead of schedule -- no problems either way.... same thing 2 yrs ago--- seems to be hit or miss -- We saw some pretty frustrated people waiting to leave Aruba going to NY with several hour delays

~Sandy~

Ark, unfortunately you can never predict what can go wrong, but keep a possitive attitude. I have traveled on AA from SFO with stopovers in Miami and never had a major problem, but 2x delays going there.

You will be okay, best wishes.

Happy Honeymoon.

Thanks!
    Have been flying to Aruba out of Boston for 20 plus years, all but 2 flights were on AA and no problems. 2 weeks ago flew out of Boston to Miami and we were concerned about the weather. AA offered to make flight changes for me even though we were using frequent flyer miles, decided to stay with original plans. Don't worry, you'll be fine, and by the way, Congrats!!!