Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AA Reduces Flights to AUA

AA Reduces Flights to AUA

Curacao falls outside
    American Airlines’ economy measure
    http://www.amigoe.com/english/ Tuesday, June 03, 2008
    WILLEMSTAD – The two daily flights from Miami to Curacao are not as yet included in American Airline’s economy measures. AA will reduce the number of direct flights between New York (JFK) and Aruba drastically. American Eagle will cancel her flights from San Juan to St. Maarten and Aruba, and Bonaire will be left with 3 weekly flights.

Effective September of this year, the direct AA-flights from New York to Aruba on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are going to be cancelled. Also American Eagle’s flights from San Juan to Aruba and St. Maarten will be cancelled, same as the jet-flights between Puerto Rico and St. Maarten.
    American Eagle has already cancelled her two flights from San Juan to Curacao two years ago. AA increased her frequency to Curacao with two daily flights, of which the evening one spends the night on the airport of Curacao and returns to Miami the next morning. The company will possibly reduce the number of weekly flights from 14 to 10.

As a result of among others the high fuel prices, AMR Corporation, owner of American Airlines and American Eagle has started a big economy operation. Compared to last year, the company wants to reduce her foreign flight capacity with 10 to 11 percent in the fourth quarter. Of the 55 regional flights from San Juan, AA will cancel 22 by the beginning of September this year. That city is left with 18 of the 38 daily flights from the US.

Economic Affair’s minister Elvis Tjin Asjoe (UPG) attended a meeting of the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) on the plans of American airline companies to reduce flights in connection with the drastic increase of the fuel prices. AA has meanwhile introduced a luggage surcharge as part of the fuel price increase.

Bonaire will be left with 3 weekly American Eagle flights from San Juan on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The aircraft has 55 seats but these are almost never used optimally, because the aircraft must transport a lot of diving equipment for the passengers; and in addition to that, the crew must spend the night in Bonaire, which also involves extra costs; however the company won’t change that, which means that the return flights continue to be on the next day.

American Eagle every year transports 40 percent of the American tourists that visit Bonaire. Bonaire will loose about 25 percent of the total transportation capacity of travelers from the United States. The tourist bureau and island territory of Bonaire are looking together for possible solutions, like other airline companies for example."

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Well, as usual AA screws everyone up. Their loss.....
    We, unfortunately fly them roundtrip in April, tickets bought, no discussion...this is it. We are on the brink of 4 rd trips free so we continue to use them. I am not in love with AA...I could go on and on over this airline, but I will stop here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Effective September of this year, the direct AA-flights from New York to Aruba on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are going to be cancelled.
    Looks like they're following suit with Delta who also, as of this Sept., cancelled their Tues. and Wed. direct flights to Aruba from Atlanta.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    I just called American re my Jan 8 2009 flight. Bos to JFK to AUA and the flight has not been cancelled.
    The return is still in place AUA to JFK to Bos on Jan 22.

I think that I may reroute my whole air thing and go Bost- Mia- Aua.
    No n onstops for us as we travel on thursdays AND using air miles.

Big loss here is both reduction in non-stops and loss of one stops through San Juan. Now, Boston options are through NYC (taking that stupid little 30 seater that has a good chance of being late enough for you to miss flight); Miami....with endless walking and combinations of two expensive flights (BOS-MIA and MIA-AUA); or, the non-stop.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    re: the 30 seater Embrarer that shuttles back and forth from Boston to NYC. Isn't it more than 30 seats? Seems like a few more.

Hubby takes the embrarer flight quite often for business day trips.
    We both take that flight when we fly bos-jfk-aua.

It has never failed him or us.

Occasionally we did the Bos - SJ- Aua route and liked that as well!
    Then, AA in their wisdom , ditched that plan and replaced the connecting to aruba with a prop plane.

Very discouraging indeed.
    Using our air miles makes the choices slim.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Big loss here is both reduction in non-stops and loss of one stops through San Juan. Now, Boston options are through NYC (taking that stupid little 30 seater that has a good chance of being late enough for you to miss flight); Miami....with endless walking and combinations of two expensive flights (BOS-MIA and MIA-AUA); or, the non-stop.

American flies both:
    ERJ-140 ERD (seats 44) & ERJ-135 ER3 (seats 37) from BOS-JFK.
    Economy Class: pitch 31.0" width 17.3" seating details 37 seats, this configuration is the same as the 757. Given the choice of the convenience of flying a smaller jet for the same seating, I would chose the Embraer anyday!

Great. Wife and I have non stop from logan in March on a Thurs. I wonder if they cancel the flight where we would be routed through?
    Jon

Next Aruba trip in

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Probably thru Miami...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    re: the 30 seater Embrarer that shuttles back and forth from Boston to NYC. Isn't it more than 30 seats? Seems like a few more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    American flies both:
    ERJ-140 ERD (seats 44) & ERJ-135 ER3 (seats 37) from BOS-JFK.
    Economy Class: pitch 31.0" width 17.3" seating details 37 seats, this configuration is the same as the 757. Given the choice of the convenience of flying a smaller jet for the same seating, I would chose the Embraer anyday!
    44 seats, 37 seats, 30 seats.....same thing....sort of. Give me a 757!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast