Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AA/USAIR merger

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    On the news they showed the new look on the tail section it is not exactly like the old USAir flag but very similar so it is nice that they are combing the 2 looks into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Mornin' everyone

It will be interesting to see how, if at all, this impacts service to Aruba.

Miami is a major AA hub. I hope they keep the 2 flights per day. That late flight gives an option for those of us connecting from other cities. With us, it's usually been Winnipeg-Chicago-Miami-Aruba.

Never been on US Airway and I don't know much about them.

Glenn
    It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I think you will see both flights continue for at least the next year or so. Beyond that, I wouldn't want to hazard a guess. I also think the Charlotte daily flight will continue, as there are a number of markets that do not have Miami service. The one thing that we can all count on, is that this will not lower prices. Other factors may do that at some point, but merging these two airlines will not.

here's the new AA/US Air logo that they apparently will be using.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AA/USAIR  merger-amairlines-6.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    That is very interesting that it will take 2 years, guess it is a huge undertaking to say the least.
    The Northwest Airlines and Delta merger took approx. 2 years. I've worked on mergers of much smaller companies and there are alot of things to consider like employment, unions, operating procedures, real estate, financials, the legalities of corporate filings with the gov't...the list goes on...

I still remember the US Airways/America West merger. They pushed everything too fast and their reservation system and customer service issues proved to be a nightmare for consumers until it was all ironed out. It's better to take it slow and do it right.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Thanks for the info Amy I can now see why it would take a while. You are correct it is best to take it slow and get it done right without all the possible problems or issues when rushing it. Knowing this I most likely can take my usual route this November out of Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Thanks for the info Amy I can now see why it would take a while. You are correct it is best to take it slow and get it done right without all the possible problems or issues when rushing it. Knowing this I most likely can take my usual route this November out of Charlotte.
    You definitely won't see any huge changes before Nov. The airline's boards have approved the merger but it still needs approval from the bankruptcy court and from antitrust regulators. After that.....still ALOT of work needs to be done before the two airlines will be one.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

only wish they kept usair name and their prices.....aa was always twice the price of usair...ok, am exaggerating(sp?)...but when I book aruba I always compare in the hopes of finding a better deal...usair always around 500, aa always around 700....now, let me ask you...how can that be ???!!!
    so now how much will the merger increase prices out of pittsburgh going through charlotte....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    only wish they kept usair name and their prices.....aa was always twice the price of usair...ok, am exaggerating(sp?)...but when I book aruba I always compare in the hopes of finding a better deal...usair always around 500, aa always around 700....now, let me ask you...how can that be ???!!!
    so now how much will the merger increase prices out of pittsburgh going through charlotte....
    Is it the exact same route that you're looking at or different routes (different connecting city)? If the routes are different, then obviously the fares will be different due to supply/demand and competition in the various markets.

I would assume if the routes and competition stay the same there will be little change in price so, at this point, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I fly out of Philadelphia non-stop by US Airways and I hope they do not change that in the future. Its great to be in Aruba by 12:45ish. It just seems like every year the prices go up and up. I can get a room cheaper than it is to fly to Aruba

I am looking forward to my 4th trip back this year. 128 days and counting

This merger must be moving pretty quick... I have a friend who is a pilot for US Air and their benefits have already changed over to American Airlines benefits. I am hopeful that they will keep both Charlotte and Miami options!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast