Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AA/USAIR merger

Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    This merger must be moving pretty quick... I have a friend who is a pilot for US Air and their benefits have already changed over to American Airlines benefits. I am hopeful that they will keep both Charlotte and Miami options!
    Well, there are a lot of politics involved with the pilots at US Airways that go into explaining it. The short version is that the company and pilots have agreed to move to the terms of the American contract.

wonder how the flight attendants and maintenance workers will make out on this merger....

Amy, I did not think about the difference in connecting flgihts...and actually the connections were through charlotte for usair and i believe...chicago for aa...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Work groups will integrate via McCaskill Bond act approved procedures. Negotiate, mediate, arbitrate, merge.

USAir

My wife and I booked our flight 1st week of Feb. for our annual December trip. We booked through USAir prior to the merger announcement. That being said, we have not been notified (as of yet, anyway) of any changes in the itinerary. We will be going through Charlotte as usual. Just hope it stays that way. If we do get any notifications or changes, I will post them here.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    USAir website has some info listed regarding this merger which claims will be done by 3rd quarter of 2013. Hubs are to stay the same which is good. I only have one concern as I fly USAir to and from Aruba. I used to like the line leaving Aruba as it was very short in comparison to the crazy mile long line American always had. I am now wondering because of the two airlines merging if the line leaving Aruba wil be crazy long? I realize there probably is no why to tell but I really hope this is not the case, I always felt so bad for the people in the American line. I always get to airport 3 hrs early but regardless the AA line was always insane.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    USAir website has some info listed regarding this merger which claims will be done by 3rd quarter of 2013. Hubs are to stay the same which is good. I only have one concern as I fly USAir to and from Aruba. I used to like the line leaving Aruba as it was very short in comparison to the crazy mile long line American always had. I am now wondering because of the two airlines merging if the line leaving Aruba wil be crazy long? I realize there probably is no why to tell but I really hope this is not the case, I always felt so bad for the people in the American line. I always get to airport 3 hrs early but regardless the AA line was always insane.
    I've seen the US Airways line run all the way to the far end of the building and halfway back. All airlines are trying to do more with fewer staff. Unfortunately, I don't see that trend changing.

You will not see one word about a city losing flights or anything that could potentially be considered negative until after they get DOJ/DOT approval. Even after that, it will be a while before any major changes are announced.

We are booked on AA from Omaha, NE in May and our route is the night before leave Omaha, stay in Dallas overnight, then 5:45am Dallas to Miami and then Miami to Aruba. Gonna be a long day, but worth it. Got an AH-MAZ-ING deal tho

Aruba since 1979
    Bankruptcy judge gave AA and USAIR the A-OK to proceed with merger.
    Per the news on CNBC earlier, the deal should be done sometime in the fall.

Antitrust regulators at the DOJ still need to approve the merger (although I'm sure it will be approved).
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

The DOJ/DOT will likely require some divestment of slots in DCA and potentially a handful of international route authorities.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast