Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AA/USAIR merger

Angry Not sure if this has anything to do with merger

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    No, it just means that the new AA (US/AA combined) will not be able to offer as many flights per day as they do now. Most likely, it will mean that they cut a few flights to cities with a lot of service and use bigger airplanes on those flights. Remember, all of the current US flights will be available to you as an AA frequent flyer member once the merger is complete. As long as the new company can make money flying to a city, they will most likely continue to fly there.
    Just checking to see if the price of my ticket to Aruba for December went up. Shockingly, just found out that Tuesdays flight has been cancelled. No more flights from anywhere USAIR flies will be going to Aruba on Tuesdays. Since merger not "official" can't rebook on AA to get a Tuesday flight but of course, offered to refund my ticket fully. I can't book anywhere else at the same low price I got!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

American and US Airways have reached a settlement with the U.S. Justice Department on the merger.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...93804169829002

Aruba since 1979
    Excellent news

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Just checking to see if the price of my ticket to Aruba for December went up. Shockingly, just found out that Tuesdays flight has been cancelled. No more flights from anywhere USAIR flies will be going to Aruba on Tuesdays. Since merger not "official" can't rebook on AA to get a Tuesday flight but of course, offered to refund my ticket fully. I can't book anywhere else at the same low price I got!!!
    I couldn't get down when I had time off in September or October due to lack of flights on the days I wanted to travel and ended up spending a couple weeks in Key West instead.

Well it happened again in August! Tuesday's flight from Charlotte got cancelled so we moved to Monday and once again, I was checking website and noticed that my Monday's flight got cancelled too!! Ok, so my choice was to go Sunday or Wednesday. We had a II certificate that started on Sunday so we decided to go on Sunday after moving a bunch of things around.
    In addition, we found that ticket prices higher this year than we have ever found. Not sure if this is due to the reduction of flights so they are filling them up and therefore able to charge more??
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Most likely. With supply and demand, the fewer the seats, the more folks are willing to pay to make sure they are not shut out. My brother's flight to Aruba was booked in March for December and the only seats left were first class. Paying for a first class ticket one way was cheaper than an additional night in a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Well it happened again in August! Tuesday's flight from Charlotte got cancelled so we moved to Monday and once again, I was checking website and noticed that my Monday's flight got cancelled too!! Ok, so my choice was to go Sunday or Wednesday. We had a II certificate that started on Sunday so we decided to go on Sunday after moving a bunch of things around.
    In addition, we found that ticket prices higher this year than we have ever found. Not sure if this is due to the reduction of flights so they are filling them up and therefore able to charge more??

Yield management is a black art, the people that work out those formulas can make or break an airline.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345