Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

AACanceled Nov 22, 2015

A few posts today
    AACanceled flight today
    Paying for stay at HI and food and transportation

who knows what's up?

Aruba since 1979
    dunno
    might be an equipment or staffing issue (busy week and their (pilot and attendants) flight hours will add up fast)

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Ok, please don't stress me out, I"m flying AA in 3 days! I did see on the news last week that AA was having a one day strike but it was no pilots, flight attendants or baggage handlers. Mostly cleaning people and someone else I cannot remember.

We are flying AA too, with a tight connection in Miami. Take this for what it's worth because it's basically here say and a rumor, I read on facebook yesterday from one of the passengers saI'd there was a mechanical issue on the flight from Philly to AUA so they had no plane to depart on.

I have been checking the flight status of the flights I am going to be on for the last couple days and so far so good. I'm wearing my lucky travel pants so hopefully all will go smoothly!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    yay for the traveling pants!

I flew AA last Saturday and when I was in Chicago, they said they had plane issues. I was going to miss my flight in Miami so I booked another flight on AA to Miami and had to spend the night. They paid for the room but you can't believe all the people there that had the same problem and they were on all different flights. I got to Aruba on Sunday so I was a day late but all the flying I have done with AA, that was the first. They must have a lot of planes that need maintenance.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Ok, please don't stress me out, I"m flying AA in 3 days! I did see on the news last week that AA was having a one day strike but it was no pilots, flight attendants or baggage handlers. Mostly cleaning people and someone else I cannot remember.
    If the worst thing that happens is getting stuck on Aruba and having the airline pay my hotel and meals, Im in.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    If the worst thing that happens is getting stuck on Aruba and having the airline pay my hotel and meals, Im in.
    Of course I would not be upset by this at all, I would be upset if I were delayed a day getting to paradise of course I'm sure all will be fine

Aruba since 1979
    happened to us on a few occasions.
    one of the times, was because of a storm heading towards miami (then it changed course) and our AA flight cancelled.
    we were not able to get out for about 5 days.
    the airline paid $0 since it was a weather related cancellation.
    however our trip insurance covered everything, including additional car rental, hotel, food, and even the additional pet care that we had to pay at home.

another time there was another AA cancellation due to insufficient/absentee flight crew. it affected the flight home and we were delayed 48 hrs as it was cancelled the next day too. in that case AA covered our hotel and i think there was a food allowance. the trip insurance covered the car rental.

returned yesterday, 2 day stay.
    Returned on southwest, the aa flight cancelled thru phily, that
    was my first choice..

Didn't inquire, why the cancellation, glad it didn't impact me..