Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Adopting dogs from Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    cheryl thanks for your thoughts.
    everyone.......if you can find the time, talent or treasure to donate to your local humane society or to ARFaruba, you would be doing a fine thing indeed.

.......and cheryl please post the puppy photos and "bios" when you can.
    gotta get those babies homes!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    We have rescued 4 dogs here at home over the years. I always donate to the MSPCA every year as well as a local organization. I have just made a donation to ARFaruba -- thanks for the link and the reminder!
    Last edited by Windy; 07-04-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks Mindy! Arfaruba appreciates your support. Every cent is used for the vet care and sterilization of the Aruba aniimals.

Kathy

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Just think what could happen if everyone on this forum made a donation, even a small one?!!!!! If you love Aruba, and you love animals......................

me1
    Cheryl, thank you for all your information. I don't think people in the US know just what happens to that cute little dog that they befriend on the beach. It may be put down the next day. I know first hand just how bad it is in the animal shelter here in the US. My daughter runs one, I volunteer 2 days a week and I have fostered many dogs. I can help in both areas. Aruba and US. I can send donations to help with the spay/neuter program or I can try to find a home for just one kitten or puppy. We all have our own way that we can help. Cheryl I hope to meet you when I arrive in Aruba July 9th. I have been in touch with Kathy and I believe we are both arriving in Aruba the same day. I can't wait to see those little puppies. Looking for homes in my area for at least one. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers. Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
    Please don't discourage people from adopting an Aruba animal - each one of us has our own desires and our own ways of wanting to help, be it through adoption or some other way. Would you discourage people from adopting a child in need from another country?
    I've helped people adopt animals from Aruba, and routinely offer my assistance to people that need help. That said. let's be honest about what is happening here. These aren't children being adopted by parents that can't have their own. There are also animals are put to death in shelters across the US every hour of every day. Let's not pretend that Aruba is the only place on Earth where there is an overpopulation of domestic animals.

Aruba since 1979
    i was just saying to lisa "i feel a headache brewing"
    remember folks, some threads develop and take on a whole new life as they develop.
    let's please keep this on topic and respectful.
    we all have our opinions on different topics.
    we all have organizations that we hold dear.
    my husband and i adopted a kitten in june 2010 from aruba.
    unfortunately the kitten had a congenital problem and died in august of 2010.
    in late august 2010, we went to our local humane society and adopted our tobey, now age 1 (yesterday). we had told our local humane society people that our aruba kitty had died . those people then chastised us for adopting out of the country. they made us feel small and guilty. we felt so badly already that our kitty had died and we had invested tons of $$ to try to save her. shame on me for allowing them to make us feel badly.

bottom line is there is an animal/pet for every human. it takes work and one should not limit them self to one shelter.
    if we were in the market (that sounds silly) for a new pet, i would look and make inquiries at as many places as possible.
    our dog belle came from a pennsylvania hoarder ........a person had hoarded cocker spaniels and cockapoos and the humane society came in and rescued them. belle came from PA shelter that rescued these poor beasts.
    in the scheme of things, it does not really matter WHERE........it just matters that we DID.

reminder this thread is/was about air tran.
    and air tran DOES allow cats dogs in approved carriers.
    i too have gone off topic.

Keep threads on topic. If you wish to start a discussion on a new topic start a new thread please. We all know that conversations take on a life of their own, but we do not want to have thread subjects that have nothing to do with the thread’s title. Stay on topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12