Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Advise on Connecting Thru Miami

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15

    Advise on Connecting Thru Miami

    Hi All,
    Just wondering how difficult or crazy connecting thru Miami is? I found a flight on American Airlines from Newark to Aruba for Xmas/New Year 2014 for $501. I think that's a good price but if Miami is a nightmare it might not be worth it!
    What are your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177

    Thumbs up

    EXCELLENT price. My Dad paid $580 from Miami to Aruba last Christmas/New Years.

    As long as you have enough time between flights you should be fine.

    More info Miami connections

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Thank you Aruba Lisa!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    You are very welcome!

    I just priced Miami to Aruba 12/19/14 - 1/2/15 and the fare is $669 per person.

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,912
    great price!!
    often we connect thru miami and have not had issues.
    as long as you leave about 40 min or so, you will be perfect.

    again, great price. kudos to american and kudos to you finding it!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tdf114 View Post
    Hi All,
    Just wondering how difficult or crazy connecting thru Miami is? I found a flight on American Airlines from Newark to Aruba for Xmas/New Year 2014 for $501. I think that's a good price but if Miami is a nightmare it might not be worth it!
    What are your thoughts?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Thank you Andrea! Do you think I should jump on the price or wait since I have so much time? I usually fly direct, I don't like connecting flights but the price is almost to good to pass up!

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,912
    imo JUMP
    Quote Originally Posted by tdf114 View Post
    Thank you Andrea! Do you think I should jump on the price or wait since I have so much time? I usually fly direct, I don't like connecting flights but the price is almost to good to pass up!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    61
    Miami has improved during the past few years. Most of AA's flights are now in one terminal.

  9. #9
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,912
    yes Miami has come a long way.
    i still am still very surprised at the lack of a/c outlets for electrical device charging.

    their interterminal connection train is excellent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Miami has improved during the past few years. Most of AA's flights are now in one terminal.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    American keeps changing our flight times for our trip over the holidays. Is 1 hour 11 minutes enough time to make a connection in the morning in Miami? I am thinking it is doable, but don't want any surprises.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO