Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Advise on Connecting Thru Miami

palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling
    That will work if everything is on time. We do 1 hour all the time but no time to eat. Your bags should make it also if there are no delays.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    American keeps changing our flight times for our trip over the holidays. Is 1 hour 11 minutes enough time to make a connection in the morning in Miami? I am thinking it is doable, but don't want any surprises.
    You should be fine making the connection but don't be surprised if your luggage doesn't. That happened to us once, but our bag came in on the 930pm flight and we had it the next day. We have connected through Miami a couple times and will be again on our next trip. They have a tram inside the airport and we have always been in Terminal D. You can look up a map on the airport's website. Weve gone from one end to the other and still had time for duty free in less than 2 hours.

We connected in Miami this past trip and found that our Miami-Aruba flight was only a few gates away from where we came in. Of course the MIA-AUA flight wound up being delayed so we had more than enough time to get there...
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

From what I have heard, the facilities at Miami International have improved greatly since the last time that I had to connect through there. As long as you have a wide enough window between flights things should be okay. My trips to Aruba involve connecting through Curacao, where the layover time can be anywhere from five hours to eighteen hours( at least I got to see more of the island and the capital city during that extra long layover).

Other side of the Island to explore
    I am going to wait till mid of October... fare usually goes down at this time of the year! Last season, I jumped on the first low fare at $850( non-stop), from NY to Aruba, from Dec19---Jan 5, and 16 days later it went down to $715...Jet Blue, non stop....and the worst part of it was, that you could get a credit only during the 2 weeks, and we were 1 day late...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12