Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: air travel food

air travel food

Ok, I know I am asking a somewhat dumb question, but since I am on here, i will ask.
    I am leaving for aruba on friday from boston. The flight is almost 5 hrs; does Jet Blue offer some sort of meal since the flight is 5 hrs? I am wondering because if not, i will buys something before boarding.
    thanks Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Have never flown jetblue, but I assume they have some type of food service...I always fly usair....but I also always bring snacks on board to munch on since no munchies are provided anymore.....little bag of almonds, twizzlers, kisses...even if I buy a snack box I still have something extra for the long haul....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

JetBlue | Complimentary Snacks and Drinks
    www.jetblue.com/about/whyyoulllike/about_whysnacks.html

Because of the length of the flight and the expense for mediocre food at the airport, we have taken to bringing along our own sandwiches and snacks.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f33/brown-bagging-versus-buying-us-air-food-39395/

Aruba since 1979
    do as lisa and family do.
    brown bag it.

Thanks for the idea, I was unsure if we could bring food, such as sandwiches in through the security checkpoint, but if it is allowed, then i am bringing my lunch... yippee. thanks
    Lisa

Lisa

Aruba since 1979
    remember no liquids in carry on, so if you pack an icepack, they will confiscate it.

...and if you do not want to wait for the "complimentary" beverages while on board, buy your own soda or water AFTER you go through TSA security. We usually buy at least a couple of bottles of water and then take our sandwiches and put them in the water. Keeps the sandwiches a bit cooler and gate agents will not question the bag thinking it is an "extra" carry on, as carrying food is allowed and is not considered a "personal item" or one "allowed" carry on.

We already have chicken breast sandwiches planned for our flight on Wednesday (to Philly ).

Don't forget what's allowed on the return trip

Jet Blue doesn't provide food for the return either - just their usual snacks. Do not try to bring beef or pork through customs as USDA rules will only allow chicken. If it's banned, it's confiscated.

You get cookies, chips or peanuts pretzels and such and a drink...but they will give you more than 1 bag of something...but you are better off getting something to take on the plane with you for pickies....or a sandwich something..you can usually get something in the terminal...not liquid till you go threw secuity though...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Thanks about the chicken and the pork and beef.... I will have to think chicken for the return trip home....

Lisa

Lisa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast