Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: air travel food

Aruba since 1979
    there are a few little food kiosks across from the gates at the aruba airport.
    they have terrific grilled chicken sandwiches (served on hamburger roll with lettuce, tomato and mayo). the chicken sandwiches are really pretty good!
    we get 2 sandwiches....we stick them in our carry on and eat them while inflight.

Quote Originally Posted by lrealnurse View Post
    Thanks about the chicken and the pork and beef.... I will have to think chicken for the return trip home....

Lisa

...and Nathan's hot dogs are there, too. While I'm not a big hot dog fan, we did buy these in January for lunch while waiting for our flight to board. Great portions and delicious! Would buy them again!

I usually eat before the flight. Maybe a few bagged munchies in flight. Last time I took a nice pasta salad to eat while waiting. Once took a nice sack of White Castle burgers!

Ok, here is a funny story.. this last Jan, my mom came to visit me from florida. She had lived in MA her whole life, up until
    3 yrs ago. Well, here in MA, we have Willow Tree pot pies (so good). My mom loves them and wanted to bring them with her (frozen of course). Well, she brought the two pot pies in a cooler bag and off she went through security. They told her that this was the first for them (a woman bringing two frozen pot pies) to Florida. What do ya know, they were still frozen when she got home.... really too funny..
    Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Aruba since 1979
    hahahaha
    we brought frozen new england clam chowder to aruba once, but not in carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by lrealnurse View Post
    Ok, here is a funny story.. this last Jan, my mom came to visit me from florida. She had lived in MA her whole life, up until
    3 yrs ago. Well, here in MA, we have Willow Tree pot pies (so good). My mom loves them and wanted to bring them with her (frozen of course). Well, she brought the two pot pies in a cooler bag and off she went through security. They told her that this was the first for them (a woman bringing two frozen pot pies) to Florida. What do ya know, they were still frozen when she got home.... really too funny..
    Lisa

Flight attendant seated next to us today flying domestically carried on chopped watermelon. Presumably from home since it was in a ziploc.

This topic brings back fond memories. Before 9/11 I used to take a large camera bag with me whenever I flew, especially to Auba. Well, those camera bags have lots of dividers and pockets. Thus, only half the bag was camera equipment, the rest was food. I'd pack two sandwiches, small bags of pretzels, orange juice and then Coca-Cola for the second flight. M&M's and cookies and crackers. I was a flying snack bar and nearly attacked by some poor people whose got on my flight to Miami and had been stuck overnight at the Philadelphia airport when all the concessions were closed.

These days I keep the rations limited to a few dry snacks due to the liquid limitiations.

You know, now that I think about it, it would be a good business to start making "meal ready to eat" like the military uses, maybe a bit more upscale and sell to the flying public. Just add water and a tasty snack is at hand. Hmmm... perhaps my next side venture.

Anyway, happy flying.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12