Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Airfare

Airfare

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if August is a good time to travel to Aruba? I have only been in May, so I have no idea what it would be like in August. I am bringing 6 of my friends, and I want them to have a great time! Also, the airfare seems to be very high right now, so I was wondering if August is usually this expensive. Hopefully the price will go down!

Amanda

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by amndlomauro View Post
    Hey guys!

I was just wondering if August is a good time to travel to Aruba? I have only been in May, so I have no idea what it would be like in August. I am bringing 6 of my friends, and I want them to have a great time! Also, the airfare seems to be very high right now, so I was wondering if August is usually this expensive. Hopefully the price will go down!

Amanda
    A little less wind in August and the ocean temperature is a little higher. Other than that not much different.
    No telling about airfares. If you see a decent fare, you should grab it. With American in bancrupcy you just never know what will happen to Aruba fares.

May weather
    Average high temperature 89 F.
    Average low temperature 79 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 81 F.
    Average wind speed 19 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 35 mph
    Average rainfall .54 inches (16.1 inches annual)

August weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 84 F.
    Average water temperature 82 F.
    Average wind speed 18 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 34 mph
    Average rainfall 1 inch (16.1 inches annual)

Suggestions on looking for the best airfares

Ultimately when you see an airfare you feel is "fair" that is the time to buy and never look back.

The price of oil has been a major factor in increasing airfares. Higher fares are driving up costs and increased costs require the airlines fly full planes resulting in fewer flights.

The best prices are from those destinations with the most competition or at least the most aggressive competition between major vs. budget carriers. Be flexible in your airport of departure as well as your day of departure.

Thank you!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    May weather
    Average high temperature 89 F.
    Average low temperature 79 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 81 F.
    Average wind speed 19 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 35 mph
    Average rainfall .54 inches (16.1 inches annual)

August weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 84 F.
    Average water temperature 82 F.
    Average wind speed 18 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 34 mph
    Average rainfall 1 inch (16.1 inches annual)

Suggestions on looking for the best airfares

Ultimately when you see an airfare you feel is "fair" that is the time to buy and never look back.

The price of oil has been a major factor in increasing airfares. Higher fares are driving up costs and increased costs require the airlines fly full planes resulting in fewer flights.

The best prices are from those destinations with the most competition or at least the most aggressive competition between major vs. budget carriers. Be flexible in your airport of departure as well as your day of departure.

Thats what I said. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    thats what i said. Lol

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    We are really struggling with the airfare dilemma. It is the highest we have ever seen for August. We were planning on bringing the "kids" this year (they will be 26, 23 and 21 in August) along with their significant others. At $706 R/T out of Philadelphia, it makes for a very expensive travel bill. We could fly out of BWI at a significant savings, but we are considering putting the kids off and going by ourselves and leaving from PHL. We have not gone to Aruba alone since our Honeymoon. My fingers are crossed that the price comes down...otherwise I have to find a way to break the news to the rest of the family.

Having the same issue, going in August but having trouble digesting such high airfare! I'll keep watching.

Aruba since 1979
    if you do not mind a stop.......dleta w/ a stop in atlanta

aa with a stop in miami

usair with stop in charlotte

are these any better with prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie View Post
    Having the same issue, going in August but having trouble digesting such high airfare! I'll keep watching.

Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach
    yesterday book jet blue out of boston dec 6-16 for just over 500.dollars round trip

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast