Aruba Beach

Thread: Airfare always this crazy?

Airfare always this crazy?

Hey guys, new to the community. Heading to Aruba for the first time the end of June this year! Flying in and out of Boston is so high! I booked two tickets down direct for $279.00 pp. Need a flight back on July 3rd, but they are astronomical. You think I should wait it out a bit? , or just book now? Prices are over $400.00 pp Can't wait to go, but plane tickets kinda bumming me out. Thanks so much, great forum!

Quote Originally Posted by ARUBAJUN2010 View Post
    Hey guys, new to the community. Heading to Aruba for the first time the end of June this year! Flying in and out of Boston is so high! I booked two tickets down direct for $279.00 pp. Need a flight back on July 3rd, but they are astronomical. You think I should wait it out a bit? , or just book now? Prices are over $400.00 pp Can't wait to go, but plane tickets kinda bumming me out. Thanks so much, great forum!

If you can fly during the week out of Boston, Jet Blue has some decent prices. I always go mid-week for around $500 non-stop, round trip. . . .

Tom and Stanley

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I wish we could've gotten tickets for $400pp! You guys in Boston/NY area have it good and don't realize it! Our tickets were double that from Michigan/Chicago, and we got a deal!
    I'm going to guess that the tickets are so high coming back because it's pretty much the holiday.

*Ok, I have to admit I just realized it's $400 one way for you, which is a little lower than what ours averaged out to be when you consider round trip. Sorry! But I'm sure it's because of the holiday. From what I experienced looking for plane tickets, the more the planes fill up the more expensive tickets get, then as the sales slow down the prices drop to fill the plane. They say the cheapest flights are sold usually no tues or wed. Not sure how true that is but you have a little time to watch how they fluctuate.
    Last edited by sunnysmiles; 04-06-2010 at 09:04 AM.
    Laura

Yea,try waiting but July 3rd is near a holiday and trust me it matters.Try booking a flight to aruba during presidents week..I found prices to be around $1100.00 PP round trip

Needless to say I won't go then.

Airfare

We are flying out of Milwaukee this year instead of Chicago in September, cost us about $1,032 for both of us round trip. When we booked there is usually a better price with US Air or Delta out of Chicago but not this year. So I am thrilled to be flying out from Milwaukee. The airport is only 3 miles away. No getting up at 1am!! Flight prices went up for us about $200 from last year. Plus we have to factor in the $60+ dollars for checking luggage.
    I always hesitate to wait too long to book it is a crap shoot, sometimes the prices go down other times they go up. This will be our 7th trip this year and the cost keeps rising.
    We will eat mac n cheese every day before we give up our trip to paradise!

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    There is usually a significant price difference flying during the week versus weekend or holidays.

thanks guys really fighting myself on this one. even two stops is close to 400pp. guess ill wait it out a bit longer and just pray. cant wait to go!!!

Tim
    I'm finding the same thing for the end of June. I decided to wait it out.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    all airlines are expected to raise fares 25% over the nex 6 mos. according to the Wall st. journal.