Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Airfare to Aruba July 2014...Help Please

Airfare to Aruba July 2014...Help Please

I have been waiting to book 4 tix to aruba from the NY/Phila area for next July (fri-fri). The prices from Newark have stayed steady, but the flight I was watching went up from $606 to $636 early this week and has not come down. There is also a non stop flight on Delta from JFK for only $520 pp. Being from the Jersey Shore, JFK is farther for us and a big unknown. But the price is so much less....Is Delta really that much cheaper than United or are there add-ons that bring it closer to the United Fare.
    We would prefer to fly from Phila but airfare seems even higher from there.
    I am starting to get nervous and think I should book our flights soon.

Any advice on what we should do?

In my opinion, it's much much to early to book for next July. I would expect the prices to drop as you get to spring. The airlines would love to sell you a ticket at a higher price and have the use of your money for 10 months, but as the date approaches and the seats aren't full, the prices will drop.

Aruba since 1979
    if you feel comfortable with going to jfk and the price, i would grab that delta flight
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum first post.

We are flying from Newark to Aruba in December. We have seen the flight as low as $550 and recently at $1357! We just bought at $712pp round trip paying $160 more per ticket by waiting and playing the wait and see game. If you can get the exact flights you want get them and take the worry out of your vacation.
    Sean and Susan

Things to consider...

Airfares from PHL, EWR and JFK right now begin rising in June, it is just too far out. You are not flying over a peak like Christmas or President's Week so I would just watch the fares. You have PLENTY OF TIME to book your flight. At least wait until 6 months out until after Christmas. Unless, oil prices soar, then I would probably just take what ever is cheapest, but I don't see oil prices spiking anytime soon either.

Right now you can get mid-week HIGH SEASON airfare on United out of Newark for $468 so imo, even $520 on Delta is high for July plus add in the inconvenience of getting to JFK.

Also right now many flights Friday through Sunday are more expensive. Assuming you are staying in a timeshare and thus reason for Friday to Friday, have you considered tacking on an extra day. If you can save a significant amount on airfare for 4 people, it may make the trip less expensive, or the same price, even with an additional night of lodging.

I find Google Flight Search a really simple way of making comparisons between not only airports, but dates as well.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 09-27-2013 at 07:36 PM.

this coming Sunday jet-blue will extend schedule till July 2014.check it out.never know

The lowest fares from newark to aruba on united are in the 425.00 - 450.00 range,so if you see something in that price range ,book it.Its about the best fare you will see

Agree with everyone - a little too early to book.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Cool buying airline tickets for July

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Agree with everyone - a little too early to book.
    Hi Jacki We visit aruba every august I start looking for flights after xmas. I use yapta.com which tracks the price for my specific flights.It's free and emails me when the price drops. Usually we pay between 500- 650 from bdl . In my experience the price rarely goes down after March but you have to be comfortable to wait. I usually pick a flight that I want for the times and if I could get a good price I grab it. Last year the flights were much higher after Feb 1st. Hope this helps.
    Next Aruba Trip [Countdown8/4- 8/18 200PM:]!

Awesome, thanks!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast