Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Airfare to Aruba July 2014...Help Please

I just checked jet blue website. Flight info up until June 14 2014 is available. How do you find out when the next release of dates will be available?
    Last edited by Carolw; 09-29-2013 at 06:08 PM.

I had an email from Jet Blue the other day saying they had opened the schedule up to June 18th. I believe they generally open up the dates around 6 or 7 months out. I generally book 5 to 6 months out

I agree with everyone who says wait....it is too early to book for July 2014. We usually fly out of Philly to AUA, but our last two visits we flew Newark to Aruba since the airfare was significantly less from Newark. The reason Philly is so much more than Newark is that USAir is the dominant carrier in PHL and the only one that has non-stops to AUA......hence, pretty much the best game in town. Flights leaving from Newark have much more competition being in that NY/NJ airspace.....JFK, LaGuardia.

I always set up fare alerts for both EWR-AUA and PHL-AUA. The flights from PHL rarely go down much. The usual price is around +/- $700. Flights from EWR really change a lot though from day to day. Our last trip (flew home on 10/6) from EWR - AUA was $444. That was the best price I had ever seen since I started tracking it. But remember, if it would make you feel more comfortable booking now, then just book it and forget about! )

Very excited! Just saw the price for the flight I have been tracking (Newark to Aruba, end of July, non stop on United) drop down to $407 pp!!! Booked the tickets. Thank you to everyone for advising me to wait....I can't believe the price came down so low.

GREAT price! Congrats!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Carolw View Post
    Very excited! Just saw the price for the flight I have been tracking (Newark to Aruba, end of July, non stop on United) drop down to $407 pp!!! Booked the tickets. Thank you to everyone for advising me to wait....I can't believe the price came down so low.
    That's great! Keep tracking the price. If it goes down, you can get a credit. Watch each leg of the flight separately.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    That's great! Keep tracking the price. If it goes down, you can get a credit. Watch each leg of the flight separately.

United offers credit too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    United offers credit too?

No they don't. I had Jet Blue stuck in my head for some reason. Nice catch.

Darn...wishful thinking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12