Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Airfare from Bos

Bought tickets in April on Jet Blue...Same every year.
    This year very expensive. Started out at about $2,000. for 2 round trip
    non stop. Have reduced it to about $1500. after checking periodicaly
    and banking the credit for next years trip.
    Currently about $1000. lol.....Middle of the week is usually cheaper....

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........
    Bought a ticket last month for 545 thru jet blue.. I think the lowest I have ever gotten a ticket for from Boston to Aruba is $403
    Next Trip September sometime or the other..

I got it for $598 each, it drop $17 each Friday and got another credit for next year....

Just checked our flights with Jet Blue leaving out of Boston on Sept 21 returning Monday Oct 1st $426 p/p including tax. The best we have seen in quite a while!

17 days! Yahooooo!

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........

Airfare & Booking

I always book with Cheapcaribbean with No problems what so ever.. What I didn't realize is that Jet Blue would issue a credit on airfare if you found it cheaper.. I has bought a ticket seperately through jet blue for $545 and found it for $416, jet blue issued me a credit of 129, then I booked four vacations for aruba and they issued me an extra $90 per person.. So Next year I pretty much have a paid ticket, it was like I won on the lottery!! I like a deal
    Last edited by beckybnott; 09-08-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: spelled something wrong

Yes, it's great that Jet Blue issues credits if their fares drop.

However, You're letting them use your money FREE for a year.

There is a 12 month time limit on the credits, so if you don't use them, they get to keep your money.

OR, do you book a trip you wouldn't otherwise take so you don't lose the credit before it expires.

I booked with JB last year on the first day tickets were available because they said that's when tickets were at their lowest price. I received credits as the price dropped $222 per ticket. But that's OK we used the money to buy two tickets to Florida for a trip we never would have made if it weren't for the credits.

This year I'm waiting. The price has been as high as $1050 per ticket for our Jan/Feb trip. It's now down to $825. I'm waiting.

PS. Yes I know tickets are cheaper if you book a stop or travel on weekdays. Neither option is possible for us.

I book every year to Aruba so it seems like I will at least have two free airfares...Or close depending on price, and as far as them spending my money for a year I'm okay with that as long as i Have a credit otherwise they would of gotten all my money and gave me nothing back..

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    Buy your tickets as soon as they become available and check the prices daily for credits. I travel to aruba on jb twice a year. My round trip flight last march cost $9. I think the most I ever paid was $542. Be patient.

Aruba since 1979
    $9 ?
    was that because you had some saved flight credits or ff miles?

Quote Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
    Buy your tickets as soon as they become available and check the prices daily for credits. I travel to aruba on jb twice a year. My round trip flight last march cost $9. I think the most I ever paid was $542. Be patient.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast