Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Airfare Constantly Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    So glad that u pulled the trigger !!!
    They had a studio at la cabana for Nov 18 but my tickets are for Nov 19th. They have a 1 bedroom at la cabana for Nov 19 but I can't book until tomorrow per the flex time rules with interval on extended banked weeks. Wish me luck or its a 2 bedroom at CPV. Andrea can u adjust my countdown? No rush! 11/19 to 11/27. Thx

Aruba since 1979
    will do as soon as i get home on on the puter instead of the iPad

Airfare is always annoying to me personally. I don't understand how the airlines can continually modify the same routes. I purchased two first tickets from Houston to Aruba (our first time and thanksgiving there, so excited) on July 18 for 5k. I thought it was high but it was the last two seats so i did it. checked two weeks ago and now we are the ONLY two seats booked on that flight and the rate is 2600 for both of us. Luckily they were refundable and i was able to get a refund of the difference with no fee. Now to sit and wait 59 days! I've found this board very helpful and appreciate everyone's knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtemples View Post
    Airfare is always annoying to me personally. I don't understand how the airlines can continually modify the same routes. I purchased two first tickets from Houston to Aruba (our first time and thanksgiving there, so excited) on July 18 for 5k. I thought it was high but it was the last two seats so i did it. checked two weeks ago and now we are the ONLY two seats booked on that flight and the rate is 2600 for both of us. Luckily they were refundable and i was able to get a refund of the difference with no fee. Now to sit and wait 59 days! I've found this board very helpful and appreciate everyone's knowledge.
    Wow! I'm so glad you went with refundable tickets!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    jacki and i both tried to do a ticker signature line for arubaace.
    neither one "took"

i am going to walk away from i t for a while and will retry later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtemples View Post
    Wow I'm glad you had refundable airfare. Yes you do learn a lot on this boardn. I sure did.

Airfare is so unpredictable. I booked our airfare for July 2017 On August 21st for $575.00 per person. I just checked fare today and they are $51.00 cheaper. You just never know when to book. If you wait too long you are afraid they will be higher. There is just no rhyme or reason.

But if you see a really good deal go for it. I was in Puerto Rico on vacation and one morning at 6am I decided to check for flights to Aruba in November. Not only did I score a good fare but also for return flight on Jet Blue Mint service a 1345 fare for like 445. 1 hour later in was not available.

24 hours ago I paid an almost "outrageous" sum for 3 direct tickets in Feb over break. Today the prices are "outrageous" + another $300 bucks. I guess Jet Blue wanted me to feel like I got a great deal, lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123