Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Airfare from east coast to Aruba?

Airfare from east coast to Aruba?

I would like to know what is a good reasonable airfare to Aruba going from any of the following airports, Philadelphia, Newark, or Harrisburg? I live closest to Harrisburg so this would be the easiest for me, but I am willing to drive to another airport if the cost savings is worth it.

This is our first trip to Aruba so I don't have any idea what is a good airfare, I don't want to pay too much but I want to start watching the airfares also.

Thanks!

What are your dates??????????

Between now and Easter, UNITED has mid-week flights for $435 which is reasonable. Look for flights Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursdays.
    Flights go back down to $437 in May, mid-week only.
    June onward, flights are more expensive so hold off on booking.

Harrisburg to Aruba through Atlanta fares right now are as low as $491.

See Google Flight Search for more info on searching for flights.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    i cannot add anything more than to what lisa told you.
    imo, anything under $500 is a good price.
    a few years ago i would have said under $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Bixa2805 View Post
    I would like to know what is a good reasonable airfare to Aruba going from any of the following airports, Philadelphia, Newark, or Harrisburg? I live closest to Harrisburg so this would be the easiest for me, but I am willing to drive to another airport if the cost savings is worth it.

This is our first trip to Aruba so I don't have any idea what is a good airfare, I don't want to pay too much but I want to start watching the airfares also.

Thanks!

We've been traveling to Aruba for the past six years from Upstate NY and have been able to consistently been able to book flights between $425-460, traveling between February-October.

I guess it would have been helpful to tell you when we were planning on going. We are looking at July 12th and returning July 19th. This is a Saturday to Saturday, but if rates are better on other days maybe we could change the dates. I have looked at all three airports and right now there is nothing less then $632.00. Do I need to wait a bit for rates to come down? One more question, do we secure the lodging first, or the airfare?

Yes, I would wait. Set up a monitor for airfares using Kayak or Travelocity etc. They will then notify you when there is a price decrease. Easier than trying to remember to check each day.

Aruba since 1979
    you may want to check out MCM tours.
    if you are not yet locked into a resort hotel or timeshare resort and can travel midweek as lisa said in a previous post.....see what mcm has to offer. if you can travel tue - tue or wed to wed, you might get a better rate.

here is mcm's phone
    Player's Choice/MCM Tours 800-79 ARUBA or 914-377-8300

I guess it would have been helpful to tell you when we were planning on going. We are looking at July 12th and returning July 19th. This is a Saturday to Saturday, but if rates are better on other days maybe we could change the dates. I have looked at all three airports and right now there is nothing less then $632.00. Do I need to wait a bit for rates to come down? One more question, do we secure the lodging first, or the airfare?

Thanks!
    It's not often that I see someone from my neck of the woods posting on here. One thing to consider, Philly or Newark will offer you direct flights, Harrisburg will require a connection. Since you're checking multiple airports already, you may want to look over Allentown (same deal as Harrisburg) and Baltimore as well. Southwest and Spirit may help keep the prices down a bit at BWI.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    if you fly from Newark, united is non-stop. I'm kind of with Andrea on the price, somewhere between $400 & $500. Our first year it was in the mid $300's, not anymore. I keep watching the fares and when it is a price I'm comfortable with (between Zero, lol, and $500), I book. Usually we are lucky and get it around $430. We go at the end of November to mid-December. The key is check flights daily and the second that price sounds good, book it.

Have fun, since I'm one of the newbies on this forum, only been there 4 times, this year is 5th, get comfortable. You will end up going back every year just like happened to us. It was a filler in vacation because our other plans fell through and that's all she wrote, we don't even consider any place else.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I just checked the goggle flight site and there is one nonstop out of Newark for $967. I would love to fly nonstop, but will this fare really get below $500? Do I just need to wait and keep checking each day. Thanks for the MCM suggestion, but we are looking to stay in a villa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast