Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Airfare from east coast to Aruba?

Aruba since 1979
    if you are comfortable with a $500 air to Aruba, grab it. There is a chance it may drop $30 or $40......but there is a chance too that it'll go up.if the fare is something that you can live with, buy it now and do not look back.

we live in florida and we always figured that the air fare to aruba would be less expensive down here.
    nope!
    we sometimes use miles, but usually use money and we pay about $500 pp on American. Orlando or Tampa to MIA and then on to Aruba.

if you are comfortable with that $500pp, then do what suits you and your family's needs.

yes to checking everyday or sign up for one of the farewatchers/notifiers as lisa suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bixa2805 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I just checked the goggle flight site and there is one nonstop out of Newark for $967. I would love to fly nonstop, but will this fare really get below $500? Do I just need to wait and keep checking each day. Thanks for the MCM suggestion, but we are looking to stay in a villa.

Wait AT LEAST another month before you pull the trigger and book.

When I checked just now your dates were $861 per person.
    Attachment 2906

If you fly Tuesday to Tuesday the week before or after your dates listed above, then the flight drops to $687.
    Attachment 2907

May and June there are fares for $437.

Like I said, if you wait a month, the fare should lower. Maybe not to $437, but imo, it will be less than $687. Probably in the $500 range.

Taking Chadd's excellent advice, I looked at flights from Allentown through Charlotte on US Air and there is a Tuesday to Tuesday itinaerary for $498, later in the month other Tuesdays are $513.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 01-16-2014 at 01:01 AM.

airfare watchdog is another great site to sign up for alerts on - $500 out of Newark during July I would jump on in a heartbeat! Good luck!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Hi all! I haven't been on in a while. Was really disappointed not being able to find airfare last fall to go to Aruba over Christmas. Everything was double what I had paid the year prior. Now, we're going in June and these rates are from Pittsburgh. Normally, I always wait to book air travel. However, in December, I booked THE day AirTran posted its June 2014 rates. We got a $199 flight to Aruba on a Friday. The return a week later was $236, but we decided to pay an extra $20 or so per ticket to stay through the weekend and return on Sunday (woohoo 10 days!). So, I agree with the $400-500 average.

This morning US Air has a flight from EWR via Charlotte for the 12th - 19th for $554. I would still hold out for cheaper, you have PLENTY of time.

Thanks everyone, will set up a watch and keep hoping for a good price!

we flew spirit out of bwi and got tickets saturday to saturday for 396. you have to remember though that if you check baggage there is a fee as well as carry-ons. if you can put enough into a bag that will fit under the seat you do not have to pay anything. i noticed that once the folks that paid for carry-ons got on and placed their bags above the rest of us were allowed to use the overheads…….so, if you can get along without tons of clothes then it will only cost you price of ticket….
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

There isn't one place on the island that I don't like so hard to say what my favorite place is.
    In my opinion, I wouldn't wait to long to book it. It seems like the prices for airfare to Aruba have gone up this year compared to the last 4 years. We usually have gotten it at around $530ish pp out of Detroit with 1 stop over, however that didn't include luggage, so count in around another $60ish pp for luggage. This year we were able to get a flight out of Toronto non-stop for $650 pp and this included luggage. We didn't see the prices go down, since we booked it in April (2013) for this February's (2014) trip. The last we looked our same flight out of TO has doubled so glad we booked it when we did. However, prices continually go up and down, so if you watch you may be able to get a good deal.

I hope this helps a bit!

There isn't one place on the island that I don't like so hard to say what my favorite place is.
    Sorry, I should also state that was $650.00 for a round trip. AND... since you are going in the summer I am not sure maybe the prices are less. We have always traveled in February.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I bought our tickets on Delta from Tulsa last month. The prices were quite good at that time. I checked the same tickets yesterday and they were $150 higher each.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast