Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Airfare from east coast to Aruba?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Yes, I would wait. Set up a monitor for airfares using Kayak or Travelocity etc. They will then notify you when there is a price decrease. Easier than trying to remember to check each day.
    The fare for you dates on United is still $861. I will stick by my original advice to wait. Saturday to Saturday the first two Saturdays in June is $457. Give it at least another month.

Well it looks like our dates have changed. We are now looking at leaving on June 22 and returning June 29th. I would love a nonstop but am willing to have a layover as long as it is not in Miami. Is it possible to wait it out for something in the $550 per person range for round trip. Do all the airlines charge for checked luggage now? Boy last year luggage was included and now we have higher airfares and luggage on top of that!

Jet Blue does not charge for the first checked bag.

In my opinion, it's way too early to buy for June. I would expect you to be able to get a flight in the range you mentioned ($550). We are flying JB from Boston this coming Sunday and our tickets ended up costing us $535. each non-stop traveling on Sunday. It's on you to watch the prices and buy at a low spot then keep watching for either outbound or inbound prices to drop further so you can call for a credit (JB will give you a credit).

Exclamation take the fare from newark, book NOW

June 22 and returning June 29th

Non-stop US Air Philadelphia to Aruba the cheapest fare between now and July is $719

Attachment 2909 NON-stop from Newark $457

Attachment 2910 from Harrisburg with 1 stop each way $755

Attachment 2911 IF your dates are flexible, from Harrisburg through Charlotte $494

Bixa did you book?

Shoot, I missed it! I forgot to check yesterday and now it's back up to $503 for nonstop out of Newark. I think it will go down again. I need to be vigilant about checking everyday. I sure hope it will go to that price again, I will definitely snag it at $457! Does United reimburse if the price goes lower?

Aruba since 1979
    united give credit? nope
    jet blue does though

Quote Originally Posted by Bixa2805 View Post
    Shoot, I missed it! I forgot to check yesterday and now it's back up to $503 for nonstop out of Newark. I think it will go down again. I need to be vigilant about checking everyday. I sure hope it will go to that price again, I will definitely snag it at $457! Does United reimburse if the price goes lower?

As a point of reference, we are seeing this as one of the most expensive years in a long time. We booked our flights today for May 2014, Saturday to Saturday from RDU to AUA via CLT. Total cost is $535 pp. We have been going to Aruba since 2002 (the first 5 years from Boston and the last 7 years from Raleigh/Durham), and have always paid under $500 pp. Oh well, I knew the streak of good prices wouldn't last. Hoping next year will be cheaper.

Focusing on the positive now - only 112 days left until we are back to paradise!

Get me back to Aruba!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123