Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SRae

Thread: Airfare from Minneapolis

Airfare from Minneapolis

Hello! I am new to the forum and looking into planning a destination wedding in Aruba for mid-October 2016. First, I'm trying to figure out if it will be affordable for my family to get there and thought I would turn to anyone who flies out of Minneapolis for help. I live in Michigan and have flown out of Detroit for around $500 so was surprised to see flights from Minneapolis are around $700 (right now for October). All of my family will be flying from there. I'm hoping they will drop, but does anyone know how much they normally pay for flights from MSP to AUA for that time of year? How early would you expect to find decently priced tickets? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    SRae

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    Possibly Amye will reply as she flies often in and out of Minneapolis

We have been flying from MSP to Aruba twice a year for many years now. We generally fly to Aruba in late April/early May and also in Sept. For fall flights we usually don't book our flights until around June for the best fares. Over all of the years we've traveled to Aruba our airfare ranges from $420-$530 (except for the couple of trips we made for New Years Eve where the airfare was $650.) Because you're doing a destination wedding and you want to make sure everyone gets there, you may want to book earlier at a higher fare and not play the "airfare game" (waiting/watching for fares to drop.) Really depends on how much you're comfortable spending on airfare. But you can definitely get fares around $500 out of MSP as long as you wait awhile. It's too early to book for the fall months right now.

Just an FYI - best flight schedules out of MSP are with Delta (layover in Atlanta) and American (layovers either in Charlotte or Miami.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Awesome! Thank you so much for the information. That is extremely helpful and that is what I was hoping to hear. I will probably leave it up to individual siblings as some of them won't mind paying a little more and some will probably want to wait. I really appreciate the advice!

Happy I could help!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Everyone is so helpful with our questions, it is greatly appreciated.