Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airfare what do you suggest??? Saving $$$

Baby Beach, The Beach at Divi Phoenix. The Fontein Caves. Anywhere where my feet are touching sand!

Question Airfare what do you suggest??? Saving $$$

Okay so we are going in June 2012 ( I will be 30 years old YUCK)! We know this: We are 95% sure we are staying at LaCabana as we got a super deal for June 8th (a Sat) to Jun 12th (Tues)! 4 Nights. We also got a certificate for a free room at the Hyatt with an upgrade! So a total of 5 nights. How should we do the free night, before or after?
    It will be two people flying from Detroit and one from LA...how should we do this to save the most money? When should we book - early as possible or close to date of departure?
    We like being frugal in our trips to Aruba only because well saving money is good but also we come home, show pictures and while our friends see our amazing times on our trips, they think we spent a fortune and when we tell em we dont - it gets them to thinking that they too can afford to go on our next trip!

Whoever said saving up for a trip is hard, is crazy! Its the wait thats horrible!

How many days do we have left to go until we leave!!!???!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    check with delta and airtran and usair

check the airfares daily

Try Yapta for price alerts
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Delta (as you probably already know) has a hub in Detroit, so they are your most likely bet. But I'd check the other airlines as well to get the best price. I'm not too familiar with DTW so I don't know who else flies out of there or how often.

As far as LAX, it's really a crapshoot. It's got every airline known to man flying out of there. But American and US Airways are probably your best bet. American's still not charging a bag fee for 1st bag on int'l flights, so that's something to consider. But I agree with the above... set some price alerts with Yapta or somebody like that.

Hope this helps... happy travelling!

Flying from Chicago

I'm going in August and airfare prices are so high right now I'm looking at close to $1500 for two people!
    Do I wait in hopes that prices go down or book something now dreading it gets worse....I'm so confused.

Which airlines are you looking at? Do you have to use a specific airline? Are your dates flexible? It's usually less expensive to fly mid-week than on the weekend.

We fly to Aruba every year from Minneapolis and have never paid more than around $520 total per person. We usually go in Sept. every year and usually book those flights around May.

I guess for you to wait depends on how flexible you can be with your dates and also your airline options (more airline options means more competitive pricing.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Be flexible in your dates of travel

United non-stop (weekends only?)
    Delta through Atlanta
    Air Tran (Midway) through Atl or Orlando (looks like departures August 4-5 & Aug. 11 - 31 and returns on the same dates)
    Spirit through Fort Lauderdale (Saturdays only)
    American through Miami

When you find a fare you believe to be "fair", go ahead and book without looking back.

Honestly, with the exception of sporadic fare sales (the reason why you check fares faithfully daily), with the price of oil what it is, jmho, I would be shocked if you see a lowering of airfares.

I have been following Delta fares from Atlanta faithfully for the last 8 months for summer travel and except for a sporadic sale, 9 times out of 10, Air Tran and Delta going head to head and matching, weekday fares have been right around $700 and weekend fares $500 to $550. Sale fares have been about $425-$435.

If my dates were not flexible, would I be upset if I booked at $500 and continuing to check fares daily saw the price drop to $425? No, because it would not have been worth worth my trouble to continue the daily hassle of checking the fares to save the $75 and HOPE that there were still seats on the plane.

Thank your for replying....my dates are not flexible as I will be in a timeshare. I am open to any airline except Spirit as I've heard negative comments about them.

When we fly out of ORD we take the UA Saturday morning direct flight and those prices are usually what we find. We cannot be flexible so we know we are going to pay a premium.
    Not sure how close you are to Milwaukee, but AirTran and Delta (via ATL), have had lower rates, but nothing mind blowing.

Mitchyd - that's one of the flights I was looking at and preferred. My concern was there weren't many seats left

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast