Aruba Beach

Thread: Airline Fares

Airline Fares

Chadd,
    Interesting article...but, when you have to pay full price for a ticket and hope the person infront of you is considerate and keeps their seat up...and the person beside you doesn't squeeze you, especially if you are in a middle seat...(it could be both people squeezing you)....it's hard to feel sorry for the industry.
    I fly alot and am usually able to get aisle seats in exit rows (yippee) so I dont usually suffer too much, but if they cut flights with this merger the flights will always be packed to the gills.....
    and don't get me started about carryons !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Chadd, the article said average fares have dropped 50%! I'm assuming you would not be willing to pay double for a ride on a half full plane.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Chadd, the article said average fares have dropped 50%! I'm assuming you would not be willing to pay double for a ride on a half full plane.
    My objective was simply to provide a counterpoint for those that say how expensive fares have become. This is not the first study or comparison to show the relative value of current prices, every one shows the same thing. I've always said that it should cost more to get to Disneyland than it costs to get in.

Amazingly enough, the same people that complain loudest about prices are usually the ones that also complain about the lack or quality of product in flight. When your biggest concern is the lowest price, don't be surprised when the airlines cut out the frills that people don't want to pay for. I think Spirit is poised for huge growth in the US because of that. Much like Ryanair in Europe, people will hate them but they will be full on every flight.
    Last edited by Chadd; 02-22-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Chadd,
    I quess after my first response I have to agree with you on your last response.
    Funny, people were really p.o.ed when the airlines decided to stop food service on flights under a certain number of hours, but we ( I will generalize) c/o about how bad the food was....
    We c/o about the choice of movies, but were p.o.ed when they were removed as well..
    So like you say.....spirit has moved in that direction but people are flying them as well....I will be on a flight to aua in april....will see if I like spirit or not......
    used to fly people's airlines the first no frills airline and I liked them....
    guess it really does come down to price.....what are you willing to pay for ?????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME