Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Airline Seats FYI

United changed my seat a few times last year when I was going out to Oregon. I made a stink at the gate prior to boarding and I got what I paid for....

Charlie

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Oh ya, just went in as I do daily and see a red message our seats have changed, click to accept or call #### USAIR. Of course I do not see what my seats have changed to they are no longer showing me my seat #'s, so I ask, why the heck would I click accept???? Of course trying to call but as usual weather conditions are prompting me to call back later. I booked in January and of course paid extra $$$$ for choice seating can't wait to see where my new seats are if I ever get to talk to anyone. Sorry, just had to vent....DH quickly went on his computer with his headset so he doesn't have to listen to be You would think I'd be used to this by now but it is still annoying and seems to be a yearly thing with USAIR anyway. At least the actual flights have not changed (yet) could be a lot worse.

I just don't get why the seats change. Why do they let you choose seats if they're going to change? I would be aggravate as well.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 07-18-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Just spoke to someone who told me because our trip is after the cut off date of the merge all the seats and confirm # are changing. I need to call back Monday to get all the new information. Will see if it is in fact all set come Monday supposedly they are doing the switch over with their systems this weekend. I just hope our seats are still in the front and together.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    In my case, the seat # (8E) didn't change, but the size of the airplane! I had booked a "Window" seat, was so excited to look out the window and take pictures from the air but when I entered the airplane and looked for my seat, I discovered that there was now suddenly a seat "8F" and a young man sitting in it!

I politely asked him if it was ok that I bend a bit over him from time to time to take pictures out the window. He said, no problem. At least, something. Then he suddenly closed the shutter and said: "NO pictures!" I was like "Ohhhhh!!!" Luckily, he was just joking and we both had a good laugh!

But I still was disappointed that I did not get my window seat as booked. And the young man was sleeping most of the time and did not even enjoy the view.

We have found on Delta that a change of the type of airplane will almost always result in the change of seats.

I suppose it is almost a certain circumstance when you book so far in advance as I do. I just think if you pay extra for "choice seats" it should keep your seats safe from this happening, but hey that is just me. Of course if they change actual planes it does make more sense this would happen.

well after 2 phone calls this am starting at 7 am lasting until 8 am hopefully I am all set. first lady was pretty helpful (so I thought) told me all the seats were the same with the exception of last one home but still preferred. great I thought so I thanked her and went on line to print new confirmation. now most of what she told me (1 whole min ago) was wrong! charlotte to aua we had seats 9a and 9b now have 20a and 9b!!! called again first girl was totally clueless asked for a supervisor after 1 hr of putting me on and off hold she fixed everything for me and refunded me the charge for 2 of the choice seats that she changed from row 9 to row 11. a bit exhausting but FOR NOW all is ok. of course she also told me as my flight is not until nov everything could change again. all I know is this switch over of systems from usair to aa is not going too smoothly but I do now all about that working with computer changes most of my career always have to get the bugs out.

This happened to us a few weeks ago. I flew US Air and was notified that our flight was changed but the time was the same. I did not know you would have to get new seats. When I went to print our boarding passes I saw going to Charlotte from Columbus no seats assigned on departing or arriving flights. I went ahead and paid for seat in the 7 row area to I could be sure to sit with hubby as I do not care too much for flying. I usually fly Southwest and you do not have assigned seats. I will be more careful and check this in the future. I think this happened to others on our departing flight from Columbus to Charlotte. We were asked if they could use our seats and they put us in First Class which was great. Too bad it was the short leg of the flight of only one and half hours. It all ended fine. No worries. Another lesson learned.
    Last edited by Sue M.; 07-20-2015 at 04:34 PM.

When I booked my flights seat assignments were not available for any of the 4 legs. I'm a little nervous, as I'm not a great flyer, but plan to get to the airport very early to make sure I'm with at least one of my family members.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast