Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chadd

Thread: Airline Security in Aruba vs USA

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars

Airline Security in Aruba vs USA

I inherited a nice carry on bag last year from an Uncle who was a target shooter.

I traveled on 5 flights within the US and also from NY to Aruba with no problem.

When I left Aruba the other day Security found a 22 caliber bullet under the masonite bottom of my bag ( when it went thru the first screening machine )

I was lucky because I still made my flight...after wasting 2 hours explaining what I knew and at a cost of $200 as a fine.

My biggest concern is that this bullet was never found by our security checks.

Aruba since 1979
    wow had gone undetected and then caught in aruba.

and the fine unbelievable!

so at least we now really know how thorough aua security screeners really are
    i bet that you were not allowed to keep the bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteel337 View Post
    I inherited a n ice carry on bag last year from an Uncle who was a target shooter.

I traveled on 5 flights within the US and also from NY to Aruba with no problem.

When I left Aruba the other day Security found a 22 caliber bullet under the masonite bottom of my bag ( when it went thru the first screening machine )

I was lucky because I still made my flight...after wasting 2 hours explaining what I knew and at a cost of $200 as a fine.

My biggest concern is that this bullet was never found by our security checks.

They kept the bullet ( I sure did not need it ) and $200 cash money...with no receipt. I just wanted to catch my flight by then!

Except for this little blimp, I had a really great visit

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Holy cow...lucky you made your flight...I would have been wicked scared that I would be visiting the jail.

Your woe even better then mine.i got carried away with rum tasting in Duty free in between AUA security an US customs and forgot all together about need to do US customs check at 4 30pm for a 6pm flight. Was surprised they were closed at 5 30 pm when we finally went for a gate 6 to fly in New Ark .But With G.D and US custom officer we made it

The TSA failure rate is remarkably high. Don't read about it if you want to feel safe when you fly.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Holy cow...lucky you made your flight...I would have been wicked scared that I would be visiting the jail.

Believe me that TV show " locked up abroad" did cross my mind!

I was glad I was in friendly Aruba & not in some place were Americans are not as welcome.