Aruba Beach

Thread: Airline Thoughts...

Airline Thoughts...

There is a lot of jockeying going on right now folks!!
    United & Continental have reached an agreement. USAir & United were close afew weeks ago.... so what does it all mean?

Well... lots of regional flights will be cancelled in markets that are over saturated with competition.... that goes for ALL airlines. That means less seats and higher prices. I've noticed that a lot of EARLY morning flights are being dropped.... so if you intend on flying an early morning connecting flight BEFORE your Aruba flight you should be watching it carefully.

Most folks are loyal to an airline for frequent flyer reasons.... that's just about all out-the-window. ALL of the carriers will be dropping/cancelling flights in various markets that they "share" with a pertner airline. (IE United/Continental/USAir) So I expect that having a "choice" of airlines form any major airport will begin to dwindle as time progresses!!

Suggestion IMO...... if you plan on using "frequent flyer miles".... you better book at 330 days, or close.... and don't mess around. I do expect the airlines to re-route at their convenience... (IE BOS/MIA/AUA) or similar. Good luck and I'm keeping a close eye on a lot of this! I just don't want to see folks get "whacked" at the last minute if I can help!!
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

Zippy,
    Just recently another member mentioned that a flight they were taking got cancelled, so of course I panicked and checked my flight status with USAir for my fights in November. Lo and behold I had a message that my flights were changed and to call and check with the airline. I called and was told that the only thing changed on my flight was that we were due to arrive home 1 minute earlier than originally scheduled. After I calmed down I laughed and asked the attendant how they could change a minute and how they even knew the flight would arrive a minute earlier than scheduled ?????
    I have however kept watch on my itinerary since then and so far so good.......I do hear that AA has been screwing with a lot of folks flights though....changing days and not even informing their customers.....I would have a bird if that happened........and hold them responsible!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I have always "monitored" my flights. I had a major change on a trip to Dominican Republic a couple of years ago JFK-MIA-LaRomana (rerouted to SJU instead of MIA which was actually a good thing).

my TA made the arrangements. American Air never notified her. I found out by accident (and this is when I started monitoring flights more closely.).

having said that I think I will check my Jet Blue flights for Sept 20 JFK-AUA and 28 AUA-JFK. Airlines are notorious for cancelling early flights in a day if they have a second flight (AA did that on the JFK-CUN nonstop a few years ago - cancelled the 8a flight and left us with a 10:30a flight.)

Karen in NYC.....
    We'll be on the Sept 20 flight to Aruba as well!!
    Was flying PIT/JFK/AUA on Jet Blue and the PIT/JFK morning flight was cancelled/eliminated...... so I had to book new tickets with Delta to get us to JFK in time for the 11AM to AUA....
    There will be 4 of us.
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba