Aruba Beach

Thread: Airlines' Expert on Missing Bags Fights Lost Cause

Angry Airlines' Expert on Missing Bags Fights Lost Cause

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125002419177123735.html

Airlines' Expert on Missing Bags Fights Lost Cause
    Mr. Price's Luggage Keeps Getting Mislaid; Buy Insurance, He Says

"In Andrew Price's first year on the job, airlines lost his luggage seven times. ....Mr. Price, 40 years old, who heads the Baggage Improvement Program, a five-year global campaign launched by the International Air Transport Association, an airline trade group in Geneva that is trying to help members step up their luggage game."

The lesson here...always pack a spare outfit in your carry on.

That's hilarious!

If you have ever seen the baggage handling areas in a major hub airport, you would be amazed that any bags arrive in the right location. If you look at the graph, the biggest problem is not making connections.

I totally agree Chadd!

Chadd, can you explain this? They will not let the plane take off with bags on the plane without the passenger but when they loose your bags they will fly them down to you without you on the plane!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Chadd, can you explain this? They will not let the plane take off with bags on the plane without the passenger but when they loose your bags they will fly them down to you without you on the plane!
    Passengers who are boarding a plane assuming that their bags have been loaded, rarely have suspicious items packed..

We pack two bags--half of his stuff goes in one bag and the other half goes in the other-- I had baggage lost for 3 days before they delivered it. Thank god the vacation was over and we were already home. But at that-- I would still had half my clothes

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    We pack two bags--half of his stuff goes in one bag and the other half goes in the other-- I had baggage lost for 3 days before they delivered it. Thank god the vacation was over and we were already home. But at that-- I would still had half my clothes
    I do the same for the 3 of us. 3 bags and mix up the clothes. Will show dh this thread 'cause he just doesn't "get it".

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    They will not allow "voluntary separation"

In other words, they find it suspicious if someone is willing to take a flight other than the one their bags are on. I think the reason for that is somewhat obvious.

In the case of a lost bag, or one that does not make a connection, it is considered "involuntary separation". Obviously, there is less, if any, need to be concerned in these cases. Otherwise, you would have to fly back and pick up your bag and that would create all kinds of additional problems.