Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Airport Issues - Aruba First Timers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1

    Question Airport Issues - Aruba First Timers

    Hello,

    We are going to be visiting Aruba for 2 weeks at the end of June. I was reading a lot about airport workers strikes and people loosing their bags. I am wondering if we should pack all of our stuff in carry ons or did the stirike die down? Any other advice for a first timer in Aruba? Thanks much in advance .

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68
    Our first trip, my wife's luggage was delayed. It was a sunday, and nothing was open except for the flea market. I would suggest that you pack a carry on with a days worth of cloths and a bathing suit. they had it there in a day, but it added frustration we didn't need.

  3. #3
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    The only problem with strikes was in the spring of 2008; those strikes were resolved in April 2008.

    The talk of a potential strike in late winter of 2009 was just that, talk. It never happened and labor issues were resolved.

    We have been to Arube 12 times and have gotten our luggage safely and in a timely manner each time. Bottom line...pack one day of necessities on a carry-on. Check everything else!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  4. #4
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by swagmaster View Post
    I would suggest that you pack a carry on with a days worth of cloths and a bathing suit. they had it there in a day, but it added frustration we didn't need.
    Great advice for any flying experience.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by swagmaster View Post
    Our first trip, my wife's luggage was delayed. It was a sunday, and nothing was open except for the flea market. I would suggest that you pack a carry on with a days worth of cloths and a bathing suit. they had it there in a day, but it added frustration we didn't need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Great advice for any flying experience.
    ...AND your medications go in your carry-on.

    You only make this mistake once. The one time my luggage was lost (not to Aruba, a domestic flight), I had packed meds in the suitcase. Luckily the airline delivered our luggage within 6 hours.

  6. #6
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    ...AND your medications go in your carry-on.
    .....and buy your alcohol at duty free so you can carry it on.....be a shame to lose that!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5
    good things to hear those advices., for those first timer and for those who were planning to flight.

  8. #8
    Junior Member michelemeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by fady2002 View Post
    Hello,

    We are going to be visiting Aruba for 2 weeks at the end of June. I was reading a lot about airport workers strikes and people loosing their bags. I am wondering if we should pack all of our stuff in carry ons or did the stirike die down? Any other advice for a first timer in Aruba? Thanks much in advance .

    And pls make sure when you leave to go back home to give yourself a 3 hour window to get to the plane..You will go through aruba customs..AND US customs....i made it to my gate 10 minutes before we loaded and i was at the check in desk 3 hours early...be ready for a few security areas too...wear flip flops and no belts....its easiest! enjoy your trip aruba is great!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by michelemeow View Post
    And pls make sure when you leave to go back home to give yourself a 3 hour window to get to the plane..You will go through aruba customs..AND US customs....i made it to my gate 10 minutes before we loaded and i was at the check in desk 3 hours early...be ready for a few security areas too...wear flip flops and no belts....its easiest! enjoy your trip aruba is great!
    It's Aruban passport control, airport security, US customs and airport security again. Early or late flights usually help avoid the long lines, the worst is around noon on a Saturday.

  10. #10
    Junior Member michelemeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    It's Aruban passport control, airport security, US customs and airport security again. Early or late flights usually help avoid the long lines, the worst is around noon on a Saturday.

    saturday i think in general ..my flight was foing out at 5 pm...and i was in line with everything for nearly 3 hours....just everyone beware of going to the airport later...it can be time consuming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO