Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Airport Notes

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    if my husband had his way, we'd get there 30 minutes prior to the flight leaving. we fight every single time we have to leave because I would rather be safe than sorry. then he would say see, it didn't take that long. but the problem is that you never know.
    All it would take is for you to be right one time and you will come out the CHAMP

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    LOL, lol.

I don't want to be right because I don't want to wait for long, lol. I look at it the same as insurance. Better safe than sorry. We bought a snow blower this year and I hope we don't ever have to use it but for the one time that a blizzard happens, I'm glad I have it.

so that's how I feel about the airport. I'd rather go every time with time to spare and sit at the bar then run through the airport hoping I catch my plane. this is always a bone of contention with us, even when we leave from home to go to the airport, I make him leave so much earlier. What people don't seem to understand whether its home or in Aruba, there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to airport times. one time it can be empty, the next time you fly the same day and time and its packed. there is absolutely no set formula for airports ANYWHERE, not just Aruba........

Just avoid weekends all together. My husband and I have been traveling Thursday to Thursday each year and the airport process has been a breeze coming and going... But, I guess if everyone started following us, it would not be so easy anymore. haha!

Aruba since 1979
    we try to avoid weekends.
    but the facts remain that many/most timeshares have check ins on the weekend.
    many folks have to work and their vacations do not begin til the weekend.
    kids and their school vacations too.

so, i think it'll be a while before the masses crowd up the weekday departures/arrivals.
    so that is good for you and me too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Divi chic View Post
    Just avoid weekends all together. My husband and I have been traveling Thursday to Thursday each year and the airport process has been a breeze coming and going... But, I guess if everyone started following us, it would not be so easy anymore. haha!

Last year we flew in and out on a Thursday and it was a breeze-actually kind of boring at the airport. This year we are Monday to Monday and I am hoping we will breeze through again. Also, we are coming down in June so it should be less hectic than during the peak season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12