Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Airport Times

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Airport Times

I know this has been answered but I can't find it in the search. When we come back from Aruba, we depart on a Sunday at 6 o'clock. We have just carry on luggage and will print out our boarding passes prior to going to the airport.

We've never departed on a Sunday before. This will be for Dec 9th (not holiday season, I believe this is considered low season). What would be a good time to be at the airport?

thanks!!

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    4 would be best

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks Paul. I just didn't know if sunday was really bad or not.

Aruba since 1979
    don't let your guard down by it being a late in the day flight on a sunday. early december is slower than some times but remember, weather elsewhere could be a factor. some of those departing flights might be delayed on arriving to aruba....therefore delaying their departure out of aruba.
    look at the airport live departure updates.

http://www.airportaruba.com/en/flightinfo/departures/

you should be fine getting to the airport at 4, but i think you should consider getting there a little after 3.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I know this has been answered but I can't find it in the search. When we come back from Aruba, we depart on a Sunday at 6 o'clock. We have just carry on luggage and will print out our boarding passes prior to going to the airport.

We've never departed on a Sunday before. This will be for Dec 9th (not holiday season, I believe this is considered low season). What would be a good time to be at the airport?

thanks!!

i'm thinking 3:30.

still have a little oj dash in me, 4'30

I would go with 2 1/2 hours. Better safe than sorry.

We travel on Sundays. Sunday traffic is definitely lighter than Saturday. If December is a slow time, 2 hours should be enough.

I would ask myself if the slight risk of missing a flight is worth a little more time before heading to the airport. I find we get there very early when we have an afternoon or evening departure because you are basically without a hotel anyway. Get through the airport, shop duty free, have a drink and a sandwich at One Happy Bar and relax. We are usually there 2-1/2 to 3 hours early.

we just got back from aruba yesterday, boo hoo! we don't check luggage. we got to the airport at 3:50 for a 6 o'clock flight. It was empty in the terminal, no one in line. it took from start to finish 30 minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast