Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airtran changes its mind on Sunday

Airtran changes its mind on Sunday

Well I decided to go Airtran to Aruba this year since their fare was the lowest well it came back to bite me they have decided that they are not flying out of Boston on Sunday's so now I have to go on Saturday and stay over in Atlanta and leave on Sunday morning. I am not happy next year I don't care if it's more I am going Jet Blue.
    Next Aruba trip in

Additionally AirTran (Southwest) has no scheduled Aruba flights past Oct 15th.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Aruba since 1979
    airtran schedules out the same way jet blue does approx 6 - 7 months out.

http://www.airtran.com/route-map/city_information.aspx
    "Effective May 29, 2011. Routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Some nonstop routes indicated operate seasonally or less than daily. Bermuda is served seasonally."

Speaking of Airtran...

I noticed that the new daily flights to/from ATL (1805 & 1806) are not available past May 3rd. This is concerning to me! Is this a 'seasonal' flight, or are the later dates just not posted yet?

Thanks,

Gary

Arrow

Perhaps the flight numbers changed?

1806, 1807 are available Saturday and Sundays non-stop Aruba from Atlanta

I just checked dates in June, September and October
    through the end of October.

Hi,

There are now daily flights during the week to/from ATL which started a few weeks ago (3/6). These are flights 1805 (to Aruba) and 1806 (from Aruba). But they are apparently not available past 5/3. Hopefully this schedule gets extended!

Thanks,

Gary

angelone,
    since they changed the flights after you booked, did you consider just asking for your money back and using a different airline ???? I own at Divi and so have to go sunday to sunday which if you are not careful and watch can be costly.....however I have never paid more than about 510 but that is out of pittsburgh....sorry about the over night in altanta....that would make me pull my hair out !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

The airline industry is challenging across the board. We are Jet blue flyers, yet this year Jet blue changed our dates of travel and length of our trip 3 times. i found out one of the changes when going on to my true blue to book a different trip. I had to coordinate with our resort, and with Jet blue but finally settled ( fingers crossed) . We are very glad that could be flexible. It was very frustrationg. we had paid a great price for our ticket, so working with JB was the way to go. ($980 for 2, taxes included Portland me /jfk/aruba). in the end I still have the bucuti, a 9 night tripand didn't have to pay the higher prices and Wewill have our yearly trip.... so life is good!

Hi Danadog56, I did have the option to cancel my flight but I could not find an airline for cheaper so I am stuck. Looking at the bright side I get to see Atlanta at night and go out to dinner. Never to Atlanta so I might enjoy it.
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast