• 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Pegmeister
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 2 Post By hatteras
  • 3 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By Liz - Aruba Lover

Thread: Almost couldn't get to Aruba

Almost couldn't get to Aruba

I had the panic of a lifetime. Arrived at Orlando Airport with plenty of time to spare. Went thru TSA somewhat hectic since hubby in wheelchair, and required assistance proceeded to tram shuttle to airside. Got settled by the gate (still plenty of time to spare).

Decided to get coffee & muffin for me and hubby. Returned to gate and noticed my passport was missing from the new neck passport holder I purchased for trip. That super convenient, safe passport case was a nightmare. Attendant at gate told me to go back to TSA and stay on cleared side to talk to TSA I left hubby at gate went back on shuttle to check TSA. All bins were searched, nothing. I was so distraught I could barely follow TSA instructions. I was given number of Lost and Found. TSA directed me again to go through my handbag just in case I placed it inside instead of the neck passport case. At that point I realize my credit cards drivers license all ID missing as well. Trust me at that point I felt like laying on the floor and crying like a two year old. Placed call to hubby back at gate nothing there. So back on shuttle back to gate. Remember hubby is disabled can barely walk or transfer to chair. When I arrived at gate, partial good news my ID and credit cards were under my seat next to hubby.

The attendant at gate suggested I return to gate in about 30 min. Then she asked if I had gone to restroom when I got coffee. Good suggestion. I walked to check and a gentleman sitting two rows behind hubby called to me and said he found my passport by snack stand and turned it in 45 min earlier. I almost ran to see the worker that had my passport. After it was safely in my hand I went over to the gentleman and he said his wife recognized me from my passport picture. Of course my panic stricken face in the airport was also a dead giveaway. Thank God for this wonderful man or I would not be in Aruba, I would have been in the hospital with breakdown instead.
    One Happy Island for me I am so grateful

Aruba since 1979
    what a nightmare and thank goodness a Happy ending.
    you must have been ready for the padded room and the straight jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
    I had the panic of a lifetime. Arrived at Orlando Airport with plenty of time to spare. Went thru TSA somewhat hectic since hubby in wheelchair, and required assistance proceeded to tram shuttle to airside. Got settled by the gate (still plenty of time to spare).

Decided to get coffee & muffin for me and hubby. Returned to gate and noticed my passport was missing from the new neck passport holder I purchased for trip. That super convenient, safe passport case was a nightmare. Attendant at gate told me to go back to TSA and stay on cleared side to talk to TSA I left hubby at gate went back on shuttle to check TSA. All bins were searched, nothing. I was so distraught I could barely follow TSA instructions. I was given number of Lost and Found. TSA directed me again to go through my handbag just in case I placed it inside instead of the neck passport case. At that point I realize my credit cards drivers license all ID missing as well. Trust me at that point I felt like laying on the floor and crying like a two year old. Placed call to hubby back at gate nothing there. So back on shuttle back to gate. Remember hubby is disabled can barely walk or transfer to chair. When I arrived at gate, partial good news my ID and credit cards were under my seat next to hubby.

The attendant at gate suggested I return to gate in about 30 min. Then she asked if I had gone to restroom when I got coffee. Good suggestion. I walked to check and a gentleman sitting two rows behind hubby called to me and said he found my passport by snack stand and turned it in 45 min earlier. I almost ran to see the worker that had my passport. After it was safely in my hand I went over to the gentleman and he said his wife recognized me from my passport picture. Of course my panic stricken face in the airport was also a dead giveaway. Thank God for this wonderful man or I would not be in Aruba, I would have been in the hospital with breakdown instead.
    One Happy Island for me I am so grateful

I was so nervous for you just reading what happened! I can't even imagine! I am so happy it all worked out and now you can relax and enjoy!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Thankful for good people! Glad all is well

Oh my gosh. I'm already a nervous nut at the airport on departure morning. I can't even imagine going thru all that!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Oh, wow! I'm sure that you were in such a panic! I get keyed up at the airport and must check for my tickets and passport 5 or 6 times while I am going through the process of checking in and boarding the plane. I probably would have had a coronary right on the spot!

I'm constantly touching our passports during the whole check in process. I become Rainman, continually counting to 5 - passports, bags, heads. Always counting to make sure I have everyone & everything together. lol It really must be such a sight to all those calm travelers!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I was a nervous wreak reading this So glad everything was found.