Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Almost a useless question about building points on Jet Blue

Almost a useless question about building points on Jet Blue

Hello All, since I wiped out my points in Jet Blue I came across the chance to earn points by taking surveys. Anyone do this? I earned 500 points sitting here for 30 odd minutes answering dumb questions, that I was less than truthful on- but gave them the answers that I hoped they were looking for, lol. If I could do that once per day, I could build a few points doing nothing but wasting some time.

Yes, I realize buying tickets is easier... I have become either cheap or frugal lately, I am not sure which. That frugality will go out the window when I am back at the Ritz this summer but until then, I am looking for ways to vacation on the cheap.

Aruba since 1979

if you have the time and inclination, why not??

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Hello All, since I wiped out my points in Jet Blue I came across the chance to earn points by taking surveys. Anyone do this? I earned 500 points sitting here for 30 odd minutes answering dumb questions, that I was less than truthful on- but gave them the answers that I hoped they were looking for, lol. If I could do that once per day, I could build a few points doing nothing but wasting some time.

Yes, I realize buying tickets is easier... I have become either cheap or frugal lately, I am not sure which. That frugality will go out the window when I am back at the Ritz this summer but until then, I am looking for ways to vacation on the cheap.

I started one of the surveys then realized it was going to take longer than I wanted to spend so I abandoned it.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 03-15-2016 at 02:52 PM.

I take surveys for all sorts of things to earn points
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I belong to a survey group and use my points that I rack up to transfer to our Hilton Honors account for free rooms (Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Waldorf Astoria, etc. under the Hilton family.) Been doing it for years.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Ok, I am stopping for the day. After earning 400 points in one survey the other offers to do surveys are much smaller, like 30 points small. One was 25 points for 6 min and that was bearable, although not profitable, lol. The 21 minutes for 30 points....was not nearly as good, IMO.

Amy, how many points do they give you per survey on average?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Amy, how many points do they give you per survey on average?
    It depends on the length of the survey. The longer the survey the more you get. The "points" are actually in the form of dollars that you can use to buy gift certificates for anything from Starbucks to Best Buy but you can also use them to "buy" points for a number of different hotels and airlines. I used to use it for extra Delta miles until Delta no longer participated so now I just add them to our Hilton points. I'll send you a PM for more info.....
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I use points all the time. When shopping at BJ's they give me points.. then just offer me $25,.00 credit if I use my BJ card anywhere but BJs
    So I went to CVS got milk (with coupon $2.45 a gallon) and other free items. Spent $7.00 and earned $25.00 off at BJs club..
    With my free points to Aruba I got free air on the way home.. one free ticket there. And pre hotel before Aruba and will let me park my car for $5.00 and take me to MCO and pick me back up.
    Yes, it is a lot of work and time consuming... but if you add up the incentives it's work it.

I tried doing surveys for profit. As soon as they found out I was a senior citizen, they lost interest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast