Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: American Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    anyway.....seems it would bein the best interest of both airlines to come to some agreement to make it profitable for both and maybe save a few jobs in the process !!!
    The problem is that you have two guys that want to be in charge. Egos tend to get in the way of doing the "right" thing more often than not.

Two sets of seats coming loose that close together... curious. Perhaps improper installation or perhaps something else.

Considering the number of sign-offs and the type of records kept... I'd like to follow the investigation... see who did what and when.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    The problem is that you have two guys that want to be in charge. Egos tend to get in the way of doing the "right" thing more often than not.
    sadly this is at the expense of a lot of people that do not make what the "chiefs" make....they make the big decisions and should think of their employees and stock holders first...instead of their egos and pockets !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Well I remember a few years back watching 20/20 News and they were talking about how American Planes are actually serviced outside the US to a Foreign country because its cheaper. In American's Defense a lot of airlines have outsourced their planes maintenance to foreign countries..

In a few weeks I will now see if my seat is bolted down. I just hope for a safe, on time flight (in that order)! I do hope the workers get a fair deal.

Aruba since 1979
    i flew SWA today to New England.
    the flight attendants were making snide and sarcastic comments over the PA system about loose seats, (telling us to go under our seats and check the bolts), comments about SWA having happy pilots and job actions etc. normally i love a good joke. normally i am always the one trying to be funny. but this hit a nerve and i was really frustrated........to the point i contacted customer service and lodged a complaint.

the lack of professionalism and them poking fun at a very serious thing was just unacceptable.

AA obviously has some problems.......but for another airline to be ridiculous about it was more than i could stand.

SWA should be saying....there but for the grace of god, go i.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-05-2012 at 09:53 AM.

I would have filled the complaint too. Safety is not something to joke about. They could get their point accross in another way. "Thank you for flying SW, were its always safe and secure."

I see on the news today that the FAA is looking into AA's problems with seats coming loose on their 757's (think I got that right)....it is a terrible thing to have to worry about....I fly a lot for work and I am usually unflappable on flights, but I do not think I would fly AA now until they correct the problems they are having.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

From what I've heard the issue was that the pins were worn to the point that they were starting to pop out of the track that holds them. The seats in question are used on less than half of the American 757 fleet, so that should help speed up the repairs. They use a newer model seat on the rest of the 757 fleet with a different pin design. Other airlines do use the model that AA has had problems with, I would expect the FAA to issue a bulletin to the other airlines requiring a specific examination of the pins at their next scheduled maintenance visit.

American is supposed to come out with some brand new planes next year so hopefully if they get their finances in order or merger with another airline, they will be better than ever..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast