Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: American Airlines early departure flight question

  1. #11
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    31,974
    i just received a message from forum member who is a us customs employee.
    she said, it opens at 8, but many times it will open 15 minutes earlier.
    she also said, often times there are only 2 customs officers in the booth.

    (per her job rules she is not allowed to post anything job related on social media)

  2. #12
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Legends Iguana Joe's, Surf Club
    Posts
    3,357
    Tracey think about this... Thanksgiving dinner or time in Aruba? I would opt for a later flight and ask them to save leftovers.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,564
    With that info I would actually be there 3 plus hours early so I am first in line and not at the end somewhere....

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i just received a message from forum member who is a us customs employee.
    she said, it opens at 8, but many times it will open 15 minutes earlier.
    she also said, often times there are only 2 customs officers in the booth.

    (per her job rules she is not allowed to post anything job related on social media)

  4. #14
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    With that info I would actually be there 3 plus hours early so I am first in line and not at the end somewhere....
    Are you related to my husband?

  5. #15
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Tracey think about this... Thanksgiving dinner or time in Aruba? I would opt for a later flight and ask them to save leftovers.
    The key to flying into the DC airports during Thanksgiving, is doing whatever it takes to avoid traffic.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,923
    Cooler heads prevailed and we are going with the later flight. Price was right, decided not to wait for Southwest.

    Jon would want to get to the airport too early, we would be stressed at customs, it just made more sense not to rush ourselves the last day.

  7. #17
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Legends Iguana Joe's, Surf Club
    Posts
    3,357
    Is Richmond an option? I would think Thanksgiving day traffic would be pretty light just about any time around DC.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Is Richmond an option? I would think Thanksgiving day traffic would be pretty light just about any time around DC.
    Yeah, that's why we picked Thanksgiving day to come home, the rest of that week is a nightmare. On Thursday, people are usually at their destination. Plus we want to be home for weekend festivities with family.

    Richmond would be an option of we were parking at the airport, but we already have our nonstop from Dulles so we need to come back to an area where we can reasonably take a taxi home.

  9. #19
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Legends Iguana Joe's, Surf Club
    Posts
    3,357
    Tracey, you have made the right choice! Wishing you and Jon a wonderful vacation!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO