Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: American Airlines schedule changes

American Airlines schedule changes

If you have an American flight scheduled, be sure you check it. This week they did some schedule changes that a friend of mine in the travle industry alerted me about. AA changed my flight home, extending our layover to 3 hours. They did not notify me in any way so I wouldn't have known if I didn't check. We were able to change to a different flight with no fees when I called.

The same thing happened to us a couple of weeks ago, but we did receive notification by email. We too were able to make some changes with any fees removed.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Glad you were able to change free of charge.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    glad that you were able to change it so your layover was not 3 hrs!
    a 3 hr layover is just too much.
    is the layover in miami?

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I have had this experience the last 3 years using American. Sometimes I would get an email, other times only found out by checking myself. One time they even changed our seats, my husband ended up being 10 rows behind me, until I called. Can't figure out that one! Will not miss that this year as I am using delta. I did notice a change in my delta while checking a couple weeks ago but it was only a 15 min. change, our seats were the same. Craziness!

Aruba since 1979
    sometimes when airlines change your seats, it is because a change of equipment (airplane change).

imo, there is no reason that an airline does not notify the customer of a change, minor or significant.
    in this day and age, with texting, robo calls, emails etc......there is absolutely no reason why there is zero notification.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I have had this experience the last 3 years using American. Sometimes I would get an email, other times only found out by checking myself. One time they even changed our seats, my husband ended up being 10 rows behind me, until I called. Can't figure out that one! Will not miss that this year as I am using delta. I did notice a change in my delta while checking a couple weeks ago but it was only a 15 min. change, our seats were the same. Craziness!

Yes, it is American with a stop in Miami, where we ALWAYS get delayed so knowing that and 3 hours, we weren't doing. We don't mind anything less than 90 minutes but beyond that, I am not happy. The only nonstop on the day we want to come home is BWI and we only go there if we are parking at the airport. We are flying out of Dulles to get nonstop on the way down and we can easily get there in a taxi or uber from home. We changed to the morning American flight so we will be home in time for the Redskins game Thanksgiving night. Yes, football runs our life, don't judge....lol.

Delta did this to us before and changed our layover in Atlanta to only 40 minutes. I wasn't comfortable with that so we changed.

Aruba since 1979
    we wont judge

paul revolves his life from sept til early feb on the patriots.

90 minutes is imo the "sweet spot" for airline connections.
    gives enough time for the flight to be a bit tardy AND time enough for a restroom break and MAYBE a starbucks (name your poison)

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Yes, it is American with a stop in Miami, where we ALWAYS get delayed so knowing that and 3 hours, we weren't doing. We don't mind anything less than 90 minutes but beyond that, I am not happy. The only nonstop on the day we want to come home is BWI and we only go there if we are parking at the airport. We are flying out of Dulles to get nonstop on the way down and we can easily get there in a taxi or uber from home. We changed to the morning American flight so we will be home in time for the Redskins game Thanksgiving night. Yes, football runs our life, don't judge....lol.

Delta did this to us before and changed our layover in Atlanta to only 40 minutes. I wasn't comfortable with that so we changed.

You have to make sure you are signed up for text alerts and email notifications with the airlines. I double check before every flight that they have my contact info. I received no less than 11 text, 11 email messages and 3 automated phone calls when my flight was delayed coming out of Dallas a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Same thing happened to us a few years ago on USAir, flight change, seats seperated...when I just happened to check and called to see what the problem was i was told by a representative that "you don't own the seats, we do and can change them at our discretion"..to which I replied that I understood that but the reason I book early is so I get the seats I want and together. After at least an hour of arguing with her she finally relented and put us back in the seats I put us in to begin with.
    Sam thing happened last year(now AA) with same results, flight wasn't changed but our seats were and I was upset because we were in first class. I was told that it was an oversite and that there were not enough seats to put us back together. I told them that since I booked first and paid for the seats they better put us together and that it was not my problem that someone moved me by accident....after much discussion we were put back together.....
    sometimes it makes you wonder what the airlines is thinking...or not !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast