Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: american airlines stinks

american airlines stinks

we flew out of boston at 8 am on june 2 stopover in miami for an hour that turned into 9 hrs reason being a crack in a window sealant of course no other plane. our arrival instead of 2pm was at 10pmish. we had a great time at the Ren. the 10 of us on june 12 at the airport for our 8 am flight out of aruba with a 1 hour layover in miami then on to boston. oh no we got of our flights with messages from aa. our flight was cancelled. they had 4 of us just in our party already booked into a hotel in miami. we complained along with other people so they sent us running to another gate with a few seats left any way after trying differant flights some in our group took a chance on flight leaving at 3pm direct to bos. those four got on standby. the last 6 of us took a 4:30 flight to north carolina and of course that flight was late. we ended up getting to bos at 11pm. the reason our flght was cancelled to boston on june 12 was no reason we think they cancelled because the flight was not full. i have really had it with aa. it will take a long time to get over that mess.

So Sorry to hear about your experience. Glad I cancelled our flights with them after they changed our flights to horrible times and layovers.
    We have Delta, hope it's better with them.
    mrsgp1987
    Leechburg
    Pennsylvania

What a mess....
    Another good reason to go with JetBlue

Quote Originally Posted by cindymcgowan@verizon.net View Post
    the reason our flght was cancelled to boston on june 12 was no reason we think they cancelled because the flight was not full.
    Airlines do not cancel because of low load factors. In fact, it's not legal to do so. If you don't know why something happens, don't make up your own reason and just assume it's correct.

Banned
    I have rarely experienced an occasion where airlines have been forthright about delays or cancellations, I guess that leaves you to draw your own conclusions....

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Airlines do not cancel because of low load factors. In fact, it's not legal to do so. If you don't know why something happens, don't make up your own reason and just assume it's correct.

chadd,
    When they cancel flights before you leave (either months or weeks, sometimes days) are they not trying to combine flights due to low occupancy? A few years ago we were to fly out of Washington to Aruba in December, they cancelled the flight in the summer and had to reroute us ! Not easy to do as we were travelling during Christmas and on points. It was a lot of aggrevation as all the flights were full!!!

Last year, two weeks before we were to leave Aruba they cancelled our return flights home. Had to scramble again!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    when we have experienced delays AA and others have been upfront.
    ex: if the flight is delayed due to weather or mechanical, they tell us.....that is if we are sitting at the gate and hear the announcement.

when there have been cancellations, i have been notified by email and they offer no explanantions....just that there has "been a change" and to contact them.

we did experience a no call, no email, no explanation last yr on a jet blue flight tampa to boston. called 6 hrs prior to flight departure to confirm. got to the airport, flight listed on the monitor as "on time", checked in, got to the gate, sat for an hr and finally the gate agent announced flight was cancelled. no explanation........jet blue did end up putting us on other flights.

it is all about communication.

Wow...what a story...
    I travel quite a bit d/t my job and have been in similar situations...I have also had on gate service attendant tell me one reason for cancellation and another tell me the exact opposite....
    I have also watched service attendants give flight vouchers to some and not others....and a lot of the times it was because those folks that did not get the vouchers were yelling at the attendants that had nothing to do with the flight being cancelled in the first place
    so...as the saying goes.....You get more with honey.....

the folks that are the ones trying to help are usually the ones that get the crap from passengers.....a little please and thank you takes the wind out of many sails and usually leaves you better off than the guy screaming next to you !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

thanks randi, andrea,dana dog,andhelmet i don't make up my own reasons and if you read the posts about aa on this website they are famous for just canceling flights cuz they just can.

Aruba since 1979
    yup cindy they do it because they can.
    sad huh?
    unfortunately it is what it is.

andrea

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast