Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: american airlines stinks

Quote Originally Posted by kmorriso@maine.rr.com View Post
    Our return flight on Jun 12 left Aruba at 7:50am and landed in Miami. We were to have a 1 hour layover in Miami. The Miami to Boston flight was cancelled....even the flight attendants didn't know why....NO REASON GIVEN. We walked and walked that foolish and POORLY DESIGNED MIAMI AIRPORT for hours and hours.....we were fortunate to get on the 4:00pm flight as STANDBY.

American Airlines needs a MAJOR and COMPLETE OVERHAUL. I too suspect the reason why the flight was cancelled is because it was not full. This has happened to many other of my friends that have booked this flight.

Time to start searching for another airline that is RELIABLE. AA gets a -F in my book.

Ken
    Flight attendants would be the last people to know why a flight was canceled, asking them for the reason is often pointless. If any one of the crew would be notified, it would be the captain. Truth be told, most crew members don't really care why the flight was canceled. They only want to know if they have to work another flight or if they get to go home.

The layout of the Miami airport is out of AA's control.

For the third time, airlines do not cancel a flight because it isn't full. In fact, they generally lose money when doing so as crews still get paid for the flight and still have to accommodate the passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post

For the third time, airlines do not cancel a flight because it isn't full. In fact, they generally lose money when doing so as crews still get paid for the flight and still have to accommodate the passengers.
    That may be true for cancellations made the day of the flight, however, American has a long history of selling tickets for a flight and canceling weeks in advance, moving customers to another (usually less convenient) flight.

Now on to another pet peeve....overbooking or overselling. That should be illegal. "Bumping" people with a paid ticket from a flight is criminal.
    Last edited by rob o; 06-23-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    That may be true for cancellations made the day of the flight, however, American has a long history of selling tickets for a flight and canceling weeks in advance, moving customers to another (usually less convenient) flight.

Now on to another pet peeve....overbooking or overselling. That should be illegal. "Bumping" people with a paid ticket from a flight is criminal.
    Unless they're canceling the flight off the entire schedule and not just that day, it has nothing to do with loads. And once a crew is assigned to the flight, they are pay protected even if it doesn't fly. Some regional airlines do not have this pay protection, but all majors do.AA actually improved their completion factor in the last year by a fairly significant margin. I don't work for AA, and I think I've only ever flown on them once or twice. Never had a bad interaction with anyone from AA though.

I'm with you on overbooking and overselling. It's only permitted because of the passengers that routinely don't show for the flights. I can't speak for all airlines but ours does not overbook by more than a couple on any particular flight. The problem really happens when you have cancellations or late flights and people miss their originally scheduled connections. Or if there is a weight restriction, usually only with regional aircraft.

Two years ago I was flying on North West Airlines and they oversold the flight. They were asking for volunteers and no one wanted to volunteer. They told us they would "sit" until they got volunteers. Flight was delayed almost one hour!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Chad, do you mind telling me what airline you work for? as i said before i feel the airlines can do what ever they want because they can and AA is famous for canceling thier flights and changeing their flights i even had bulkhead seats once something happened and guess what ended up in the last row. iam done going jet blue after i use my miles next year.

Aruba since 1979
    i do not think chadd should divulge the airline company he works for.

privacy is part of this forum

and if he wants to tell folks, i encourage him to do it by private message.

andrea

sorry andrea i did'nt mean to pry. i do have a question i hope you or someone can answer what happened to the private or not so private renn. group site?

I want jet blue flights through feb to come out.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by cindymcgowan@verizon.net View Post
    sorry andrea i did'nt mean to pry. i do have a question i hope you or someone can answer what happened to the private or not so private renn. group site?
    I think when they did the site over it disappeared...however, they are still tons of out there...including my husband and I....cindyo

Do you have any specific question..or where you just looking for it in general?

Aruba since 1979
    no apologies necessary
    just want to make certain that folks do not "have" to divulge certain information.

have a good one
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by cindymcgowan@verizon.net View Post

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast