Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: american airlines stinks

Now I am freaking out because we are flying AA this week! You have me nervous. LOL. They won't let me assign my seats until I get to the airport. I keep trying online and called twice. The first time they said keep trying, the second time they said do it at the counter that day. I told him it is very unsettling to be flying with kids and not having an assigned seat. I certainly don't want to be worrying about this at 5:30 AM!

Aruba since 1979
    don't freak
    it will all work out

keep telling yourself
    it will all work out

get to the airport early
    there are unassigned seats
    you may not ALL be together
    but i am sure that you will all NOT be separated.

andrea

Show up a little earlier than usual and jump through the hoops. What's the line from the AA thing? Something about knowing what you can control and what you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Float View Post
    Now I am freaking out because we are flying AA this week! You have me nervous. LOL. They won't let me assign my seats until I get to the airport. I keep trying online and called twice. The first time they said keep trying, the second time they said do it at the counter that day. I told him it is very unsettling to be flying with kids and not having an assigned seat. I certainly don't want to be worrying about this at 5:30 AM!

Just get there early....they always have some seats in reserve so they have some control at the gate.

AA has some very strange policies....not very friendly either.

Good luck.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Good news! My persistence paid off. I was able to get my seats today. I just kept checking several times a day. Got 4 seats in a row! That's a relief! : )

Aruba since 1979
    way to go!!
    who gets the center seat?
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    way to go!!
    who gets the center seat?
    andrea

That will be Mom (me), I am sure!

After reading these posts, I checked my Jan. flights. Low and behold, AA changed my return flight on Feb. 7. I guess they eliminated the direct flight to JFK, now we are going through Miami. Do you think I can charge AA $125 for making this change?? LOL (This is what they wanted to charge me to get a lower fare on a flight to San Francisco same flight, same day & time. It would have cost me $125 to save $50 on the lower fare! )

Quote Originally Posted by patty View Post
    After reading these posts, I checked my Jan. flights. Low and behold, AA changed my return flight on Feb. 7. I guess they eliminated the direct flight to JFK, now we are going through Miami. Do you think I can charge AA $125 for making this change?? LOL (This is what they wanted to charge me to get a lower fare on a flight to San Francisco same flight, same day & time. It would have cost me $125 to save $50 on the lower fare! )
    Disgusting....however, that's typical of AA. They did the same thing to AUA-JFK passengers last year. There ought to be a law penalizing them for this.

Did you pay more to get the non-stop?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Guess I should hold out for Jetblue fares. I am getting very impatient..but very leary to book on AA. When are they coming out......

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast