Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: American airlines stops non stops from NY

I went on American Airlines sight and I saw that they have direct flights from NY to Aruba up until October 29th. Starting Oct 30 until next year all flights from NY to Aruba connect in Miami.
    I love Jet Blue but you can't buy a ticket months in advance like American. With American you can buy your ticket I believe 11 months in advance and jet blue is usually 6 months and they don't update on a daily basis like American does.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    check your itinerary on AA.com
    i would have thought you'd be given MUCH notice.
    I just checked and the flight is still on. The plane is full only 6 seats left...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    You're right on.

Though that's the logical and sensible thing to do, I don't have to like it.

Up until two winters ago, the AA non-stop from Boston to Aruba was always full to the brim when we flew (Jan/Feb). Two years ago it was 75% full. The handwriting was on the wall.
    That's because JetBlue was in the process of pricing American out of Boston. Both airlines were losing money on a lot of the Boston flying and American couldn't afford to do that indefinitely. US Airways also pulled their direct Aruba flight on Saturdays and Sundays during that time as well due to the fare war.

Now that they are the only airline left, they are raising the prices as much as they think the market will bear. Most people don't seem to care though.

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    I just checked and the flight is still on. The plane is full only 6 seats left...
    You have to be careful using online seat maps to determine how full a flight will be. They are often inaccurate for a number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    ...Now that they are the only airline left, they are raising the prices as much as they think the market will bear. Most people don't seem to care though.

Seriously?

If you want the convenience of a non-stop to Aruba you pay the price. That doesn't mean you don't care it just means you have no choice.

JetBlue is removing one daily flight from JFK effective in January, change will go live Friday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12