Aruba Beach

Thread: another Miami airport question / customs

another Miami airport question / customs

We just got 15 minutes shaved off our layover in Miami on our way to Aruba, so now we have 1 hour and 15 minutes between flights. I am thinking we will have to go through customs in Miami - am I right about that? I know on the way home, we do customs in Aruba. Kinda hoping we do customs in Aruba both ways, so at least we will have a bit more time between flights.

Aruba since 1979
    1 hr 15 minutes layover in miami is sufficient. if your flight to miami is delayed for more than a half hr, it will be a close call.

you will not be doing customs in miami.

once in aruba, you will go thru aruba immigration upon exiting the plane in what is referred to as immigration hall, then you will go thru aruba customs after picking up your luggage upon exiting the queen beatrix airport.

on the return flight home you will go thru aruba immigration after you check in at the ticket counter AND then wind your way thru the airport and eventually pick up your checked luggage, go thru US CUSTOMS (right there in aruba airport!), drop your luggage at the appropriate drop off and proceed to your gate. US CUSTOMS for departing US flights/passengers is in ARUBA!

Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    We just got 15 minutes shaved off our layover in Miami on our way to Aruba, so now we have 1 hour and 15 minutes between flights. I am thinking we will have to go through customs in Miami - am I right about that? I know on the way home, we do customs in Aruba. Kinda hoping we do customs in Aruba both ways, so at least we will have a bit more time between flights.

Thanks - that is very helpful information. I am glad to hear that we won't have even more to do in Miami, besides trying to get from one plane to the other!

Aruba since 1979
    although I tend to moan and groan about airport procedures re: the aruba airport.......it really is very convenient and helpful to have that US CUSTOMS right there.

aruba is the number 1 caribbean destination for americans, it makes wonderful sense that the u.s. customs is there for our convenience. we are very lucky :-)

the procedure when arriving in aruba, again is pretty easy, although the lines are pretty lousy at times.
    but who cares right? we are on vacation!

No customs for layover in Miami.