Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Any info I should know about Delta or ATL airport?

Aruba since 1979
    imo yes.
    if your flight into atlanta is delayed by even only a few minutes, getting from one plane to another (also involves changing terminals too probably) will be difficult to impossible.

good luck

since delta made the time change you are entitled to either a full refund or to be put on a different flight.
    if they put you on a different flight that better suits your needs/timing, i do not know if they can charge you the difference in the event that that flight is priced higher than the one they changed.
    they will not charge you a change fee.

you may also want to look into air tran.
    they fly into aruba from atl too. unsure though if they fly in 7 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Delta changed the time of our first flight from DCA to ATL by 15 minutes, this means we only have a 41 minute layover. Is that cutting it too close for Atlanta? Our seats are in the middle of the plane.

I decided it wasn't worth stressing over and just called Delta to make a change. We are going to spend the night in Atlanta on Friday night so we can still get to Aruba at 1:30 on Saturday. It really works out so we can try to have a late dinner with some friends that we don't get to see often. I am pleased with the customer service I received. We were not charged any change fees or the difference in the price of the new flight (which was about $40 per person). The only thing it will cost us is probably another $25 checked bag fee since our bags won't be checked thru to Aruba, which I can live with. We only check one between both of us. Well, that and the price of the hotel in Atlanta, which I think was a pretty good deal at $87 for the Marriott at the airport.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    if you are happy that is good!
    glad that you were able to get a reasonable rate for the ATL Airport Marriott.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I decided it wasn't worth stressing over and just called Delta to make a change. We are going to spend the night in Atlanta on Friday night so we can still get to Aruba at 1:30 on Saturday. It really works out so we can try to have a late dinner with some friends that we don't get to see often. I am pleased with the customer service I received. We were not charged any change fees or the difference in the price of the new flight (which was about $40 per person). The only thing it will cost us is probably another $25 checked bag fee since our bags won't be checked thru to Aruba, which I can live with. We only check one between both of us. Well, that and the price of the hotel in Atlanta, which I think was a pretty good deal at $87 for the Marriott at the airport.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12